Roof Sealant - Installing Winegard Antenna

cgaetz

I am in the process of installing a Winegard satellite / over air antenna on our 2009 Big Country. I have removed the factory antenna and cleaned all the sealer away, and my question is what sealers / glues are used by Heartland on the roof, or if anyone else has a suggestion of what to seal it to the rubber roof with. By the look of what came off, I think it was glued down first with a construction adhesive, looked like PL100 or something, and then a white sealer "poured" over the screw holes and outline of unit. Any input greatly appreciated.

jbeletti

Unless you pulled the EPDM membrane off the decking you should not have to glue it.

The sealant used often up on the roof to seal around vents, antennas and such is Lap Sealant, I believe. Here's a link to Dicor brand. Scroll down the page to see the sealant.

cgaetz

Thanks Jim,
Didn't remove any of the roof material, so it will be fine, its just that it looked like the antenna was put on with an adhesive underneath and then sealed over top with another product. Will use what you suggested.