LM 365 - Switch Location for Exterior Step Light

davebennington

Our Ashland is in the driveway. Everything appears to be in working order and the PDI went well. I guess I got used to the "classic Landmark" we had to relearn almost everything about trailers, so many new things have been incorporated in the new Landmarks it is hard to believe.
If anyone has taken delivery on the Ashland, I have a question. How do you turnoff the step light?
It is dark here now so I will have to wait until the morning to try to see if I can figure it out.

dave & Julie

jimtoo

I think your remote control is the only way to turn off or on the step light.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Dave,

Does the LM365 come with a remote control for slides and such? My understanding is that it does not.

As for the switch for the step light, assuming you mean the outdoor entrance steps, the plant says there should be a switch in your switch panel area. Let me know of you find it. Take a picture and post here. If it's not labeled, I'll ask the plant to make sure it gets labeled going forward.

Thanks Dave.

Last edited:

davebennington

Well so far there have been very few items that need attention on the new Landmark, Ashland. The light for the step that will not go out (pulled the bulb, problem solved), the door for the washer/dryer would not close and stay shut, just a little realignment needed there. Tomorrow I will try to hook up the satellite dish to the TV and see if we can get a signal as well as a picture. All in all great unit.

dave

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
We just got our new Ashland last week and the amber light under the steps is always on if you are on shore power. I do not believe there is a switch for that but is just on all the time. Maybe it is a safety issue? Another person in the forums had the same issue and they just removed the bulb. Does not bother us so we see it as an option. There is one thing that can be an issue. When you enter the coach at night the light inside by the door comes on automatically which is very nice. But if you walk in and forget to turn on some light it goes off automatically leaving you in total darkness and feeling the walls till you find a light switch.

Fred

jbeletti

We just got our new Ashland last week and the amber light under the steps is always on if you are on shore power. I do not believe there is a switch for that but is just on all the time. Maybe it is a safety issue? Another person in the forums had the same issue and they just removed the bulb. Does not bother us so we see it as an option. There is one thing that can be an issue. When you enter the coach at night the light inside by the door comes on automatically which is very nice. But if you walk in and for get to turn on some light it goes off automatically leaving you in total darkness and feeling the walls till you find a light switch.

Fred

Fred,

The light that comes on inside the coach when you open the entrance door is the "Welcome Back" feature. There's a switch under the aluminum threshold that it connected to a small circuit that is connected to the light. There's a small magnet glued to the bottom of the entrance door. When the door opens, the magnet moves away from the switch and the circuit activates the Entry light in the ceiling and starts a short count-down timer. Best to use it to get into the coach and go immediately to the switch panel :)

As for the step light, this is getting odd. The plant told me the switch for it is in the switch panel area. But neither you or Dave have found any switch that controls it. I'll ask the plant to investigate further on Monday and I'll report back here.

Last edited:

Roller4tan

The welcome back light stays on 3-5 minutes if the door is left open, or shuts off quickly after the door is shut. The amber light under the entry stairs turns on by remote on the Bighorn.

fredwrichardson

The welcome back light stays on 3-5 minutes if the door is left open, or shuts off quickly after the door is shut. The amber light under the entry stairs turns on by remote on the Bighorn.

When you say remote is this a remote control? Pardon my ignorance. :confused:

Fred

jbeletti

When you say remote is this a remote control? Pardon my ignorance. :confused:

Fred

Fred - on some of our products, including Landmark before the LM 365, we used the Lippert Linc Remote system. We had the step light being controlled by the hand-held Linc remote control (and the Welcome Back feature).

LM 365 has eliminated the remote control.

Last edited:

fredwrichardson

Fred - on some of our products, including Landmark before the LM 365, we used the Lippert Linc Remote system. We had the step light being controlled by the hand-held Linc remote control (and the Welcome Back feature).

LM 365 has eliminated the remote control.

Jim,

Does that mean there is no way to control the step light or the Welcome Back feature?

Fred

jbeletti

Jim,

Does that mean there is no way to control the step light or the Welcome Back feature?

Fred

Fred,

The Welcome Back Feature is an "automatic feature". It controls the Entry light in the ceiling just inside the entrance door. Additionally, this light can be switch controlled by the switch in the switch panel area.

The Step light is unrelated to the Entry light. The step light on the LM 365 product is "switch controlled". Where that switch is - I can't say as I don't have a LM 365. The plant has told me that the switch for the step light is located in the switch panel area. I am working to get a picture of the switch in that area. I don't work at the plants - so I can't go out and check myself :)

jbeletti

Okay - got some pics from the plant. According to the plant, the Step Light switch for LM 365, thus far, is per the images below.

....................ASHLAND...................................NEWPORT.................................KEY WEST...............
Ashland - Step Light Switch.jpg Newport - Step Light Switch.jpg Key West - Step Light Switch.jpg

fredwrichardson

Okay - got some pics from the plant. According to the plant, the Step Light switch for LM 365, thus far, is per the images below.

....................ASHLAND...................................NEWPORT.................................KEY WEST...............
View attachment 33612 View attachment 33613 View attachment 33614

Jim,

I just looked and there is no switch at that my location in my Ashland. There are the two switches for the exterior awning. One to make it go out and back and one for the LED lights. I do not have time tonight to take a picture but I will take one tomorrow and send it to you.

Fred

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Our 2014 Big Horn has a switch for the welcome back light in the cabinet with the other switches, and the step light is controlled by the Lippert remote. The remote also controls slides and the awning. There is no other switch for the step light.

fredwrichardson

Our 2014 Big Horn has a switch for the welcome back light in the cabinet with the other switches, and the step light is controlled by the Lippert remote. The remote also controls slides and the awning. There is no other switch for the step light.

Tom,

The new Landmark 365 (all of them) do not have the remote and I have now gone through every switch I can find and there does not seem to be one for the amber stairway light. Actually is not a big deal for in almost all cases I would want it on. The Welcome light does not have a switch but again not an issue for it only turns on when you open the door. Just have to remember to turn on a light as soon as you get in or you will be in the dark in less than a minute.

Fred

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Fred, so you can only extend or retract your awning with the switch found with the other switches? I wonder what happened to the remote. Would a call to Lippert be in order, or do you know there is not suppose to be a remote?

jbeletti

...The Welcome light does not have a switch but again not an issue for it only turns on when you open the door...

Fred - are you saying you have no switch marked "Entry Light"?

Below is a picture Dave Yocum (davebennington) sent me today of his switch panel. I've drawn a box around his Entry Light switch (same light turned on by the Welcome Back circuit).

2015 Ashland Switch Panel.jpg

jbeletti

David and Fred,

While it's not expected for you to figure out why there's no apparent switch for your exterior under-step light, should you want to dig into it, I learned this from the plant today.

Fused DC circuits terminate behind the DC Fuse Panel. If the panel was pulled outward from the wall, there will be one fuse circuit with two white wires with a purple stripe. One of those wires feeds the tank monitor panel and the other feeds the step light.

Your dealers will be able to sort all of this out and add, if missing, switch for your step light.

If you'd rather tear into yourself, that's up to you. If I was tearing into mine, I'd probably do the following:

1. Replace the bulb (if removed) to get the step light back on
  2. Pull the fuse panel from the wall
  3. Remove the fuse that feeds the two white/purple lines
  4. Check to see if step light went out - if not, continue pulling fuses (and replacing them as I go) until the light goes out
  5. With the correct white/purple feed line determined, and using a flashlight, look back into the wall to determine where that line goes (up or down). I'd pull switch panels (carefully) as needed to follow wire routing. If the wire goes down, I might pull the step-light off the frame and pull the wires and splices out the hole in the frame and using a helper, tug in both directions to see of the line appears to be continuous or not
In the end, if it appears my step light was hot-wired inadvertantly, then I'd add a switch in the switch panel area and mark it "Step Light".

Dave - if you don't figure yours out before Tampa, sounds like a project for the guys :) I probably have a brown switch if needed.