Fuel tank Capacity

Driver

I am having a problem with the fuel tank. All that I can get in is about 19 gallons in the tank. I am told and have read it holds about 26? I measured the tank and it comes to 36 gallons. The fuel neck was fixed because, of fueling slow. So, my question is why am I only getting 19 gallons in the tank.

StevieWonder

On what vehicle?
What was "fixed" on the fuel neck that stopped the slow fueling issue? Did it help?
Do you have an onboard computer?
If so, what does it tell you about fuel used, fuel mileage or distance to empty?
What does the gas gauge indicate when you are putting in the 19 gals?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Driver, first of all, are asking about your TV or your coach? We need more information to answer your question. There is nothing in your profile as to what you have:confused:. Bob :D:D:eek:

nhunter

Hey guys it's in the Cyclone area (they have a built in fuel tank for your toys). Your fuel pickup might not be on bottom, so you are only ever pulling out 19 gallons and the remaining fuel stays in there.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Previous Posts

You ought to take a look at these...

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3214

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3183

Driver

Sorry guys, this is on a 3920.
The neck that was fixed, the used a metal neck out of a motor home. They said it had the right bend and that all they had to do was shorten it a little in the middle (cut and reweld).
As for fuel pickup, I put in fuel the gauge goes to full and when the fuel is used up it goes to empty. So, I do not think it is the pickup.

Now my question, I posted this in ask the factory and it ended up in here, I thought this would be a better question for the factory?

jpmorgan37

Driver;

I moved your post from the Ask the Factory to here because of the vagueness of the question. If you will repost it in the ATF thread with the specific particulars of your unit as well as what repairs/modifications have been done to the fuel system, the post will go to the factory.

John