Bighorn 3875FB Solar Question

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
Hello, my name is Mark and my wife and I are about to purchase the 3875FB model. We will be full time in it starting in June. I was wanting to put solar on it, and was wondering if anyone here has done this on theirs. If you have done it on another model that's fine. I am interested in knowing if it was worth the cost to you? I am not talking about one panel on the roof, I am talking about a true multi panel system (charge controller, deep cycle batteries, inverter) to help offset the cost of kw/hr costs when in an RV Park, or just to go boon docking. Also, have any of you used/currently use the Sunrnr solar generator or a solar air conditioner? Thanks!

Rmcgrath53

I HAVE A SET UP MWITH 4 6 volt BATTERIES ,4 140 WATT PANELS and 60 amp mppt Morningstar controller.and a 2,000 watt inverter. did it all myself wit th help of many bloggers. We can basically live off grid until we need air. 2 Honda 2000 hooked together handles the air. We really like the setup

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
I HAVE A SET UP MWITH 4 6 volt BATTERIES ,4 140 WATT PANELS and 60 amp mppt Morningstar controller.and a 2,000 watt inverter. did it all myself wit th help of many bloggers. We can basically live off grid until we need air. 2 Honda 2000 hooked together handles the air. We really like the setup

That's awesome. We will be getting our fiver very soon. I am going to get a Honda 7000, and eventually we will also employ solar on the roof with better batteries and a MPPT controller. Can I ask why you went with Morning star vs Outback? Personal preference, advice? Do you happen to have pics of your setup? Thanks!

Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, follow this link (Link) to a post by Dcwettstein.
He recently installed solar on his Bighorn.
I've seen it and I like it.
You might consider sending a PM to him for more information.
Do a search on this forum and you should be able to find more solar install threads.

Peace
Dave

Rmcgrath53

Don't know how to add pics. I went with the Morningstar from recommendations from the rev.net guys..wi Morningstar you can add more panels, and reset program with lithium batteries, if and when they come down in price ,and run a line for a hot water tank (12) volt