Does your stove top cover (s) get hot?

etcmss

when using the oven the rear stove top cover gets really warm, even though it has a vent hole. Removing it makes more sense based on how hot it gets.
Read other threads but did not see any that indicate removing back cover is best or desired. The heat on the underside of the cover is above touching level and am afraid it may lead to damage that can be avoided.
Input? Gary

danemayer

Mine cracked - perhaps damaged by the heat - and was replaced under warranty. We don't use the oven very often, but when we do, I remove both covers from the range.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We haven't used our oven in over 2 years (finally figured out we could cook everything in the microwave/convection unit. But, we always removed the range covers when we did use the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etcmss

there is no information on removing the covers in the owners manual (no discussion on stove or covers). Should be added if that important and prevents damaged. Gary

Birchwood

there is no information on removing the covers in the owners manual (no discussion on stove or covers). Should be added if that important and prevents damaged. Gary

I agree....... it only makes sense to remove the covers........we use our oven frequently.Heat rises so I guess the top would be hotter than the sides that have a wood backing.

pegmikef

My wife automatically removes the stove top covers and stows them away as part of her setup when we arrive at our site. We do use our stove and ovens quite a bit.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
My wife automatically removes the stove top covers and stows them away as part of her setup when we arrive at our site. We do use our stove and ovens quite a bit.

As do we.

I've experimented cooking in the convection oven but not a fan of all the noise it creates.

marvmarcy

Corian can withstand heat very well. Years ago a local cabinet shop burned and most of the wood display cabinets were left ashes; however, all the corian counter tops were only discolored on the surface at most and easily cleaned up like new.