north trail 26rks question

fdechaine

Hi

We are in the process of making our final decision on a travel trailer. Our two choices are the 26rks or the sklyine malibu.

The North Trail has really excited us and I was wondering how many of you have purchased one and what your thoughts are about it

Thanks
Frank

CampingJunkie

We bought a 28BHS an absolutely love it. We have been out twice so far and have had no problems. I highly recommend.

Jennifer

B

bwwalczak

Just got back from lunch and noticed your questions on our 26RKS. This layout has been very popular with many people because of our larger shower in the bathroom and the ample storage (2 seperate wardrobes, 1 on the slide, the other across from the bathroom.

If I can locate a dealer for you please let me know:

Bryan Walczak
North Trail representative
bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

We have a 31BHD and have had it out twice so far. Absolutely love the trailer, dealership and everyone within the North Trail organization has been wonderful to work with. Prompt answers to questions, always going the extra mile to make sure their customers are happy and satisfied.

fdechaine

Thanks to everyone

We got to see the 26rks in person today and really liked the features. I wish we had the cedar lined drawers under the bed but this model does not have that.

Still not sure which way we'll go yet but from a quality perspective, we were quite impressed.

jbeletti

As a thought, you may wish to consider buying a cedar closet kit or a cedar panel, cut to fit and glue them into your drawers. Try not to let this one item be the deal breaker for you.

kampfirekid

to the camping junkie how does ur tundra do as the tow vehicle?

Dex,

If you tow a North Trail once with the Wide-Trak axle set-up, you'll be hooked. It's like nothing else -perfect balance and pull. Camping Junkie spends alot of time over at North Trail Talk, as well. You may try over there as well. From what I have read, CJ has nothing but good things to say about her tow combo.

KFK

Last edited:

dex

thanks KFK was just wondering, I am thinking of purchasing a 26rks from a local dealership and have a 2005 f 150 4x4 have the 3.73 rear and use to pull a 22 foot boat that tipped the scales at around 5,000 lbs loaded and truck did fine but do not have a lot of trailer exp. I see you have nice set up. thanks.

kampfirekid

Dex,

I can tell you from experience that mu 2008 F-150 Supercrew would haul our NT, but the listed 465 pound tongue weight actually came in closer to 900 pounds loaded, and it maxed my payload out. I have a family of four and we needed the bed of the truck, but couldn't put anything in it because my truck built with a 1700# payload actually was delivered closer to 1200. That left 300# for the DW and the two rugrats - we were way over. The 1 ton 350 does fine now, but our trailer GVW's at close to 7,000# - a bit much for the F-150, I thought. As long as you watch payload, you'll be okay, but it won't be the most comfortable tow on long runs. That said, I'd rather pull the NT with the wide track axle over anything esle - even if pushing my limits.