True Induction Cooktop in LM 365 - Share your experiences

jbeletti

If you purchased a Landmark 365 with the True Induction Double-Burner Induction Cooktop, please relate your experiences using it. Share what you like about it and what you dislike about it.

I will be getting one in February 2015 and will relate my experiences with it later in the year.

I can say that I have a 36" five-burner induction cooktop at home and have used it for 3 years now and LOVE it. I know with 2 burners so close in the RV, it might be a challenge with two pans at once - depending on the size of the pans. Then on those odd times where I need 3 burners at the same time, I'll have to go with a plan B (separate single-burner induction or butane or standard electric - I have all 3).

Image of the True Induction Double-Burner
true_induction_double-burner.jpg

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep in mind the induction burners will only heat pots that are magnetic. So aluminum pots won't work. We have an induction hotplate and the aluminum pots don't work on it.

jbeletti

True Jim G - and if I may put a finer point on that, pots must have a steel clad bottom. The rest of the pot can be aluminum.

At home on our induction cooktop, while we have a real nice Calphalon stainless steel pan set, we also have 3 sizes of Circulon hard-anodized non-stick pans with a stainless steel clad bottom. These work amazing on the induction cooktop. I'll be starting a new thread or forum on pans for these cooktops.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
True Jim G - and if I may put a finer point on that, pots must have a steel clad bottom. The rest of the pot can be aluminum.

At home on our induction cooktop, while we have a real nice Calphalon stainless steel pan set, we also have 3 sizes of Circulon hard-anodized non-stick pans with a stainless steel clad bottom. These work amazing on the induction cooktop. I'll be starting a new thread or forum on pans for these cooktops.

I just wanted to make sure people relized that before the complaints about the cooktop not working started. So those getting the induction cooktop need to plan on buying more pots and pans. We love the ones we got and the induction single burner works great. We have the 'As Seen On TV" one.

jbeletti

I just wanted to make sure people relized that before the complaints about the cooktop not working started. So those getting the induction cooktop need to plan on buying more pots and pans. We love the ones we got and the induction single burner works great. We have the 'As Seen On TV" one.

I hear ya Jim G - your PSA is well meant and may help those who had no idea of this "requirement". As always, thank you for sharing.

Garypowell

Jim,

I installed the True Induction two burner cook top in my 2013 3010 Big Horn....had a post here with the write up but I can never find it. If you look hard enough it is on the True Induction website. Took out the oven and got a counter top scrap from HL. Where the oven was I put in a Rev-a-Shelf drawer.

We love the induction. Granted we had to get some new pots and pans. Linda loves the exactness of the numbers. Once you learn what number does what it is very easy to use. For example, we start eggs on 5 then turn them down to 3 and get perfect results.

It will take some getting used to in that you get fairly instant heat. She burned up an older pan when she put something in it and turn the temp on and then went to the fridge to get something and did not pay attention for like 20 seconds. So you have to develop different routines like having every ingredient right in front of you ready to use.

But we love it!

Bryced15

We don't have much experience so far on the induction cooktop as we've only had our Newport for 4 days, but did boil some water in a teapot today (heavy cooking I know). Took a little longer than I expected to get to boil, but I may have had incorrect expectations on induction being faster. We love the simplicity and clean look of it. We got a full set of Magma induction pots, pans, and steamer. Blown away by the quality of them. USA stamped right in the side of every pot and pan. I'll pop back in when I have more thoughts and opinions.

jbeletti

A full kettle of cold water will take longer than a few cups of water. At home, I can boil an inch of water in a pan in about 60 seconds. Granted, I have a 240-volt / 30-amp model cooktop. On that same cooktop though, it takes a while to boil several quarts of water for noodles. Can't remember how long but I'd guess 12-15 minutes. It's fast, but not nuclear :)

Paul & Nan

We have an induction one burner thing, I would never give up my gas burners. Love the pans I have, know how to set the burners to do what I want. Guess you can't teach an ole' dog new tricks. Besides, if you do not have electric you are out of luck----need I say more?

VKTalley

We have an induction one burner thing, I would never give up my gas burners. Love the pans I have, know how to set the burners to do what I want. Guess you can't teach an ole' dog new tricks. Besides, if you do not have electric you are out of luck----need I say more?

I have the single burner induction cooktop (mobile) that I love! Can't wait to replace our oven (pan "cabinet") with a regular cabinet and an induction cooktop. Paul and Nan have a good point on being without electricity, so I also have a two burner Coleman stove (from our tent camping days).

jbeletti

...Paul and Nan have a good point on being without electricity, so I also have a two burner Coleman stove (from our tent camping days).

I carry a butane single burner stove. Works great when needed.

For those who are getting a generator in the LM 365, they can also just fire that up when needed.

As a new owner of a Landmark 365, I was blessed with the induction cooktop and it works well. My problem is cleaning it! The "instructions", or lack thereof, say to clean with soap and water, however where the sticker was (which was not removed by me) there is an outline. Can anyone tell me what products can be used to clean this surface well? Can a glass top stove cleaner be used? Your suggestions are appreciated!

JewelsinMo

danemayer

Hi JewelsinMo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Another owner will probably have some ideas for you.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
We still have not gotten out of the driveway with our unit but did try out the cooktop in our Ashland. With the right pots and pans seems to work very well. The only issue I can see is make sure you are on at least 30 amps if you are going to be doing anything else with electric appliances. The EMS system does a great job of managing the power but be prepared to see things shutdown if you exceed the Amp requirement if you are on a 20amp plugin. Also I would strongly recommend you buy pots and pans that say they work with induction cooktops. We tried some stainless steel pots we had and they would not work at all. We bought the Duxtop Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Induction Ready Premium Cookware 10-Pc Set. Duxtop also makes induction cooktops and the cookware works great with our cooktop in the 365.

jbeletti

JewelsinMo,

Lyle and Nancy's "citrus cleaner" idea sounds like a good one. Then rewash the top with soap and water.

This morning, I spoke to Julie Hancock, our Club Manager and asked her is she had any issue removing any halos from the adhesive on the cooktop decal. She said she had no residual residue.

I also sent a note to someone who was involved with the design of the cooktop. If I hear back from him (Bob Welch), I'll let you know.

Personally, since the top is glass, I'd try any non-abrasive cleaner. Citrus, Oxy, Windex etc.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
JewelsinMo,

Lyle and Nancy's "citrus cleaner" idea sounds like a good one. Then rewash the top with soap and water.

This morning, I spoke to Julie Hancock, our Club Manager and asked her is she had any issue removing any halos from the adhesive on the cooktop decal. She said she had no residual residue.

I also sent a note to someone who was involved with the design of the cooktop. If I hear back from him (Bob Welch), I'll let you know.

Personally, since the top is glass, I'd try any non-abrasive cleaner. Citrus, Oxy, Windex etc.

The Goo B Gone I mentioned is non-abrasive. I've used it to remove stickers and decals from window glass, dishes, plastic ware, the black stuff left by the rubber seals on my slides, stickers HL put on my BH , etc. It does leaves an oily residue so like Jim says follow up with warm soapy water. Should be ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk