Truck Tires Sierra 2500 HD SRW

karz

I'm looking to get a set of tires with good traction and decent tread life. I'm hauling a 2015 Cyclone 3110 loaded with 2 bikes in the garage. Any recommendations, travelling from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada, this winter to Arizona.

Also has anyone lowered the top bed the garage to make it easier to get into with out using a ladder?

jnbhobe

BF Goodrich TA's give decent traction and don't wear bad, I have seen them as OE on some Fords. I run a rib tire in the summer and MasterCraft Courser MSR with studs in the winter, but you have to deal with both seasons.

Kahoney

I have had the best luck with the Bridgestone Duravis M700. They are 10 Ply and I have gotten 60K out of each set. Just got my 3rd set for my truck and I paid $878 for all 4 with mounting/balancing/valves. I work in the dirt business and they are offroad 25% of the time with good traction.

DW_Gray

My Michelin LTX-M/S2 tires have worked very well.

Stay away from the General AmeriTrak TR All-terrain tires. On wet surfaces, they are slicker than snot on a doorknob.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, was that snail snot?
Or just ordinary snot?

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Cjackg

+2 for the Michelin LTX-M/S2. Have them on my Silverado and they buy a lot of peace of mind.

but, if I lived in Canada and traveled in a lot of heavy snow or rough terrain I would consider the Michelin LTX-AT2 instead as it will be a little more effective in extreme conditions.

Westwind

Curious about the type of mileage everyone is getting with their Michelin truck tires, I had a set on my 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 DA Shortbed and I definitely wasn't getting the mileage out of them (70K) that they advertised. In 75K I went through 2 sets of tires, Bridgestone Durvais and Michelin LTX-M/S2 and basically got abut 35K out of both . Sam's Club where I got the Michelin tires made a point of telling me I had something wrong with my truck and wrote it on the service slip used to rotate the tires. That must have voided the warranty. Ended up trading in the truck before I needed to replace the tires.

Gaffer

If you need traction, I use Toyo Open County mud terrian. I get over 50k miles with them.

Westwind

I'm not looking for off road tires, I'm looking for economy (MPG) and something that lasts so that I can get about 50K out of them towing my fifth wheel. Right now I might get close to 40K but the tires are worn by then.