North trail vs Sundance...info anyone?

bjbieber

My family and I are going to look at a 2009(??!!) Sundance XLT310QB on Saturday. When I started doing research on this model I was looking for the equivalent North Trail model and came upon a post in another forum that said Heartland was no longer making the North Trail and then another post that said yes they were. However there are no North Trails to be found for 200 miles from my location and there are TWO Sundances at the same dealer less than 50 miles from home. I am assuming that the two brands are pretty much identical. Can anyone confirm what is going on?

Also - we are coming from another brand and are not familiar with Heartland products so I would be interested in any experiences anyone would be willing to share. One thing that caught my attention is that Heartland seems to be pretty keen on customer service...which we have not found to be the case with our current trailer (which is only a 2006 and which we had intended to be our last for awhile but I am tired of fighting with the manufacturer over every little thing so we are jumping ship!!)

fishn2dmax

I too came from a different brand that didn't have customer service. last year our youngest headed off to college, ( last out of the nest) we no longer needed a bunk house model and began to search for a new 5'er. After a lot of research and kicking tires on almost everything out there in the mid-profile market, we kept coming back to the Sundance. I didn't want anything too long due to my RV pad being only 33' long and fenced in. We bought an 08 2900 MK Sundance with all the options. The only thing I wished the full size sundance had was the full aluminim cage construction( XL version are full aluminum caged), but other than that the Sundance is hard to beat for feature to feature - Dollar for dollar with any other brand out there. The Heartland factory is very responsive and they also respond to questions on the "ask the factory forum". I don't know much about the Northtrail, but I do know the Sundance line is top notch. In fact, we may have opted for the XL Sundance but it was not available until recently. Everything I have seen and read about on the new XL line is very impressive- especially at that price point! You'll be hard pressed to find anything on the market that offers a better value and after the sell customer support than a Heartland Sundance.

dknox747

We just got our new Sundance 310QB and absolutely love it. We had been in a North Trails 31QBS and the 310QB is identical except the color choices are slightly different. Other than that, I have not found any other differences. The thing pulls great and the quality is excellent. I would highly recommend it.

bjbieber

We are really deciding between the QBS (or the equivalent Sundance) and the BHD I think. My youngest (age 8) likes the QBS better because she will have her own bed (not have to sleep on the couch) but from what I have seen in photos only (can't wait to actually get into the units this weekend) I have concerns about the floor space (coming from our current unit which has a great deal of floor space in the main living area) and the storage space (of which our current trailer has virtually none) in the QBS so I would welcome your perspective on that. Can I ask you what your TV is? We would be towing with a 2003 Suburban. Our current trailer is 31 feet. I am just a little concerned about those extra 2 feet. Thanks for your help!

dknox747

This is our first trailer, and we have 3 boys all under the age of 10. Their is enough room to put all their stuff in the bunk room for a week, but it is pretty tight. Overall, for a trailer this size, I have been impressed with the amount of storage.

We are towing with a 2004 Expedition. We are using an Equl-i-zer brand hitch and the thing tows great. I have only praise for the way this thing tows. We pulled it home last weekend in 20-25 mph gusts and you could feel the wind on the trailer, but it was a really pleasant experience.

Hope that helps.

David