Florida Must See

JanAndBill

Headed to Florida for a few weeks. Besides the theme parks (been there, done that), any suggestions on things to do and see in the Wildwood, Tampa, Orlando area?

Bobby A

Tampa you say ?? Head west on Gulf to Bay/60 to Clearwater Beach, its one of the nicest beaches in the country on the Gulf of Mexico.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Headed to Florida for a few weeks. Besides the theme parks (been there, done that), any suggestions on things to do and see in the Wildwood, Tampa, Orlando area?
Tampa Rv Show, will be there in Jan.
Where are you staying in florida?
Linda

JanAndBill

Hey how are you and Walter? Will be at Three Flags at Wildwood till the 11th, then Winter Qtrs, at Lutz, till the 18th, then on to TT at Claremont till the 30th.

Westwind

How about the Ringling Brother's Museum in Sarasota - We had lunch there and spent the rest of the afternoon on a tour of the mansion, museum, and Art Museum. Enjoyed it so
much I'd go back again.

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Jan & Bill,

We'll be in Clermont, FL. for the month of January also. We have a lot at Rolling Ridge RV Resort. It's on US 27 8 miles north of Clermont. Thousand Trails is around 10 mile south on US 27. E-mail us if you have time to get together one day. samm2@bellsouth.net.

Mike & Shirley

MTPockets

Tarpon Springs is a really nice Greek Village on the water just North of Tampa... Great Food, Shops, Greek Pastries, Sponge Diver history, natural sponges, .................... Also, Ybor City .... Tampa Suburb.....

JanAndBill

Hey Jan & Bill,

We'll be in Clermont, FL. for the month of January also. We have a lot at Rolling Ridge RV Resort. It's on US 27 8 miles north of Clermont. Thousand Trails is around 10 mile south on US 27. E-mail us if you have time to get together one day. samm2@bellsouth.net.

Mike & Shirley

Hey Mike, good to hear from you again. I've copied your email, and will let you know when we head that way. Would enjoy getting together.

caissiel

West of Wildwood on the gulf side. We are in Homossassa till April. It's the best Florida state park for nature and entertainment.

JanAndBill

West of Wildwood on the gulf side. We are in Homossassa till April. It's the best Florida state park for nature and entertainment.

Last year we came down the east coast, so this year we are looking forward to exploring the west side.

MTPockets

It's been years since I've been to Ybor City and never to Tarpon Springs. Time to check them out. Can you get in and out of Ybor City in a dually????
No problem getting in and around. Depends on how busy for good parking spot, but I'm sure you'll get one. Same with Tarpon Springs. Between the two, I prefer Tarpon Springs.

Seren

Recommend stopping at most any of the State Parks when transiting through Florida. They are perfect for 2-3 days stops and always have interesting things to see, or you can just relax and recuperate from the high tempo stuff in Central Florida. Florida has an outstanding app to make reservations and get info for the parks (FLStateParks).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cjackg

Recommend stopping at most any of the State Parks when transiting through Florida. They are perfect for 2-3 days stops and always have interesting things to see, or you can just relax and recuperate from the high tempo stuff in Central Florida. Florida has an outstanding app to make reservations and get info for the parks (FLStateParks).
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good Luck on getting into any Florida State Park before May!

I started trying to get reservations 6 months ago and soon found that almost every FL park was already booked solid at that time. You have to start about a year ahead to get into these because they are being reserved well ahead, and many by folks from north of the US border! In the winter season, the Fl parks are reasonable priced but the commercial parks are priced through the roof taking advantage of snowbirds looking for warm weather.

We leave Jan 12 heading to Florida and the rates we are paying in S Florida and the Keys are enough to make you question why we are not just getting a room at a Hilton or buying a condo! lol