Diesel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper

On the way to work this morning I saw Diesel at $3.75. It cost me over $100.00 per week now to drive to work.:mad: By summer it will be over $4.00.:confused:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The Good & The Bad

Good: I'm ONLY paying @ $3.50, not $3.75 - YET.:confused:
Bad: I drive @ 1200 - 1500 miles a week on my job, in my truck!:eek:

Good: I get paid $.505 per mile I drive.:)
Bad: Working mostly in Oklahoma - their highways are in pathetic condition - and much of my driving is on dirt roads.:mad:

Good: Based on the figures above and averaging 16.5 mpg overall (@ 18 hwy/ much less on dirt roads and job-site locations) - my fuel costs alone are @ $255/wk, leaving me @ $350/wk from my mileage pay for upkeep & maintenance. I also get per diem $$ for working out of town all the time which will be paying my Cyclone payments! By paying extra each month, I plan to have it paid for in 5 years! :cool:
Bad: I DON'T HAVE MY CYCLONE YET!!!! :mad: :mad:

caokgafamily

It's $3.60 here in Ga. When is the bubble going to pop with all these speculators driving up the price of oil? I make a good living and for the first time I'm thinking about trying to make all our trips around home.

theharveys

High Diesel fuel prices are just a way to make extra money off the backs of the American Trucker and eventually off the American Consumer as we end up paying higher prices for those items which are trucked around the country.
Here http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/ is a good site for looking up fuel prices around the country.

Netem

A couple days ago gas was 2.84 and diesel was 3.49. The oil co. are screwing people so bad on diesel. We need the big trucks to just park for about a week and I think you would see something change.

sealman

Oil is bought on the spot market (The buyers set the price)...Processing Co.'s only make $.09/gal on average.....Individual state additives do not help the price either....Look and see how much all of the different taxes add up too per gallon.....The drop in the value of the dollar does not help either....
John

jnbhobe

Here in NW Pa. diesel is $3.94 gal.and gas is $3.22. We parked one diesel for the winter and bought a car.

lvfun

Cyclone 4012 Owner
Don't feel too bad. Here in Las Vegas it averages $3.85 and last weekend we went to Disneyland. In Anaheim every gas station that sold it seemed to be an identical $4.29 per gallon. Yikes!!!

StevieWonder

The great oil company conspiracy theory perpetuates itself.

Nobody was complaining when their no-asset, no-product dotcom businesses were cleaning out lots of pockets. Or when they were making oodles of money on homes that they couldn't buy without lying on mortgage applications.

It's always nice to have a scapegoat. The beauty of capitalism is that you can get a piece of the action by buying stock in whomever you think is making a killing ... in any business.

linuxkidd

Dunno about a conspiracy, but all that extra $$ per gallon is going into someone's pocket... I find it hard to believe that it just costs that much more to process from earth to tank.

LK

Cooper

The price of a barrel of oil jumped $5.00 last night 3-6-08. I hear in some places its $4.50 a gal now.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
At the speed and rate of increase we are experiencing due to all the "factors" (Venezuela, OPEC, weak dollar, a camel stubbing it's toe somewhere, etc) that the commodity speculators use to drive the price up, I suspect my budget of $8.00 a gallon in '09 when I retire won't be far off... of course, other pundits are predicting the "oil bubble burst" to bring the price of crude back down to under $80 (like that's a good price??) this summer... I have been reading that for awhile now and don't see nothing but up in the price, so I ain't holding my breath...

Filled up the truck today and was glad to find a station that had it at $3.59... Sam's Club had it at 3.53 last nite and $3.70 this morning... well that 38 gallons will last me awhile since I don't have any trips (hauling) planned until May.. luckily my pre-emissions '03 Dodge CTD averages 17.5 around town mixed (unloaded) with a little hi-way mixed in.. gonna be hard next year to "step-up" to a new diesel that gets on a good day 10-12 not hauling, but my 3/4 ton won't do it for me with a Landmark...(well it will but really don't want to live with the "pucker-factor" when I hit the mountains). But when all is said and done, I have no plans on changing my full-timing plans until fuel exceeds $8 a gallon or it is no longer available at any price..

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Here is a few prices per gallon of gas arround the world.

China:$1.50
Russa:$1.45
Japan:$3.84
UK: $5.55
Venezuela:$0.14 (Yep-that's 14 cents).......Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.