Getting Payed To Clean Up

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have always wondered why we pay trash companies to take away our trash. I know we always keep our homes and properties clean. We put the different things in the correct bins as they ask us to. We send them a check when they ask for it. I guess my question is, why after they come and empty the bins, do I have to go out and clean up the stuff they drop in the street??? I guess we pay them so I can clean it up 2 times. I need a job that I get payed to make a mess.:confused: Bob:(

Last edited:

linuxkidd

I agree completely! I hate finding paper, wrappers, and who knows what else blowing through my yard after the 'Trash' guys have made their rounds. I've tried making sure all my trash is inside tightly closed bags, but it makes no difference. There's plenty of others that don't follow this practice, and the Trash guys certainly don't seem to care.

I realize it's probably not a fun job for most.. but how about making the best of what you've gotten dealt? Have a little pride in your work, no matter how important, or how trivial.

I'll step down from my soap box now...
LK

jimtoo

I agree completely! I hate finding paper, wrappers, and who knows what else blowing through my yard after the 'Trash' guys have made their rounds. I've tried making sure all my trash is inside tightly closed bags, but it makes no difference. There's plenty of others that don't follow this practice, and the Trash guys certainly don't seem to care.

I realize it's probably not a fun job for most.. but how about making the best of what you've gotten dealt? Have a little pride in your work, no matter how important, or how trivial.

I'll step down from my soap box now...
LK
Amen,
And now a word from our sponsor.... Ladies and Gentlemen, I have here a special trash bag, so strong, so perfect, so industructable, and it's only $9.95 each in lots of 10, shipped collect. Just send me the money and wait till you get your bags, you will be thrilled,,, please alow 8 to 14 weeks of business days for shipping to occur. Shipping is extra, but if you hurry and order today and in the next 30 minutes I will double your order for the same price. Thank you and tune in next week for more trash.

theharveys

Our recycling pickup guys do the same thing. I have found squashed cans and broken glass at my curb after the recycling has been picked up. It seems that if they drop something, or something spills out of the truck, they are not inclined to pick it up.

sjrellis

When we are home, I'm like Mrs. Cravitz (sp?) watching for the garbage and recycle trucks. When they turn on my street, I just "happen" to be in my front yard. They take extra care when they are being watched. Finding broken glass and paper strewn on the street prompted me to do this.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bags

Jim (also) I mean too, I like your Billy Mays impression. I bet you could sucker Chopper into buying some. I thought I was the only one to stand by the curb when the trash dude comes with a broom and dust pan. I guess I wrote this today because it was trash day and there was trash all over the street. Oh yea and the trash bins where all knocked over. Bob:D:D