RV Water Softeners

jimtoo

Hi Kosanko,

This is the water softener that we use. It does a very good job for us. I do use a whole house type filter before it goes to the softener like pictured in the softcell link that I think we purchased at one of the bigbox stores.. Lowes,, HomeDepot.

Jim M

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hello All,

We are looking into purchasing a water softener for our Gateway 3650 BH, we are not really experianced in water softeners and are looking at two systems from to different vendors and are looking for anyone with knowledge of either of the products listed below.

http://softcellwater.com/Products.htm

http://flowpur.com/html/rv-pro10000.html

Any valued input is appreciated.

thank you!!

[Mark: One of our Chapter members, Terry & June have a water softener that they really like and are full timing with it. They will be at Quartzsite and you can check it out or send them a PM...Good luck.....See you in a few weeks. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckeye

We purchased the softcell water softener system earlier this year and we love it. Easy to set up and maintain and you can purchase the filters at Lowes, Home Depot,etc. Does a great job softening the water as well as improving the taste.

MTPockets

Ditto on the SoftCell. Using full time and works well. We like it as it's well constructed - all components are heavy duty including the filter housings. This was important to us as full timers and traveling, easy set up and stowage when moving.

RoadJunkie

There are similarities with most softener manufacturers. The spec on how many gallons of water can be softened, before regen is necessary, is highly dependent on the "hardness" of the source water. Water must be tested periodically when you have symptoms of hard water.

What might set the various units apart is the method used for regen. I have a unit that uses a 1 lb. box of table salt that you pour into the top of the unit. It has taken some trial and error to get the process to work efficiently. Based on my further research, and discussions with other practical users, I tend to like the regen process that manufacturers like Softcell uses. They use conventional softener salt and use continuous water flow/flush during the regen process. I feel this process provides a more uniform cleansing of the internal resin beads during regen. I suggest you read and study the regen techniques prior to your purchase.