Air Bags on board Compressor mounting locations

blong

Hey Folks,

Just curious where folks have chosen to mount their compressors for their on board air bag control. Both Air Lift, and Firestone, want "protected" from weather locations and no heat, so to me that only leaves inside the cab. My previous truck, I mounted it up under the bed on the protection shield for the fuel tank, worked okay, but I am sure it got hit with weather. It was an Airlift wireless one and the compressor is in a plastic case, so it is a little protected to begin with. I have switched to a new kit (wireless air) in order to have dual control and the compressor is not in any type of case. Worried about noise and deflation fumes in cab.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Have my Airlift compressor mounted on the bottom of my tool box in the bed of my dually. Dry, and plenty of circulation.

blong

Thanks Murry, I could do that too, my tool box sits in the bed so its under the tonneau but I could mount it on the side of it. How do you like the air lift wireless air system, have read a few mixed reviews.

jnbhobe

I am going to mount mine in front of the aux. tank behind the hitch, then to a manifold beside the tank. Then I will add a quick connect for an air hose.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My Viair compressor and tank to power my air horn is mounted under the passenger side under the truck bed. Been there four years without problems. Cut me off sometime and I'll be glad to demonstrate how loud the horn is.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was about to say same thing as Jay. My Firestone compressor for bags is under driver side cab area on the frame rail and my viair for train horn is under passenger side bed on outside of frame rail and trumpets are on inside of frame rail in same area. No issues in over 6 months for either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I don't have the remote Airlift system...I have Airlift the auto leveling system and love it. I mounted the compressor under the bed so I had very short air line runs. Been there 2 years without any problems. I need to check the air filter on the compressor soon.