Update from Admin

jbeletti

05-March-2008

An update for Heartland Owners…

Hello Heartlanders,

I have some updates for you as well as some exciting news.

How far we have come:
As many of you know, 3-1/2 years ago, myself and another Heartland product owner started this forum as an online community for Heartland product owners and prospective owners. Nearly 3,000 members, 4,500 threads and 33,500 posts later, I think we've really delivered.

Heartland's Growth:
In those 3-1/2 years, Heartland has introduced another 7 product lines, with an 8th on the way. They've now produced nearly 10,000 trailers. That's a lot of Heartland product on the road and even more innovation on the drawing boards.

Busy Admin - More Moderators:
All of this activity and Heartland buzz in the marketplace has resulted in Jim being a very busy guy. So much so that 13 months ago, I invited John Morgan (jpmorgan37) to come on as a Moderator. And then late this January, I invited Michael Kidd (linuxkidd) to also come on as a moderator. Great team members! As a team, we have moderated over 4,000 events. That's a lot of work! And we need more help. Stay tuned for a casting call ;).

Heartland Owners Club:
Just short of a year ago, Heartland asked me to create and run the Heartland Owners Club. I accepted their request. To date, we have a North American Regional structure with many local chapters already formed and rallies within these chapters already taking place. All of this and we've only soft-launched the Club. Look for bigger and better things to come soon for the Heartland Owners Club.

Heartland Owners Online Tools (H.O.O.T.):
Just recently, through Michael's programming efforts, we have soft-launched the Heartland Owners Online Tools - HOOT for short. HOOT is the realization of the "Issues and Solutions Guide" (ISG) that several members and I began two years ago. We are still working out the details for the full implementation of HOOT, but we have some pretty high hopes for its benefit to Heartland product owners.

Heartland Owners Chat:
Caught you by surprise on this one didn't I? That's right, to be launched yet this March, the Heartland Owners Portal (H.O.P.) will sport a Chat application. Imagine being able to do a live chat with your Heartland family. Or going on to ask a quick question that you just know someone will have an immediate answer for. Or how about a guest speaker of sorts every now and then? It should be fun. Here again, this will be a reality due to Michael's programming prowess.

Rallies:
Wow - it's shaping up to be the "year of the rallies". There are already no fewer than 10 rallies planned with most of them already set with dates. And our big rally set for Branson, Missouri this June is selling well as we are nearing the 50% mark (nearly 50 units) - all without a posted agenda! If you have yet to make a Heartland Owners Rally, please do yourself a favor and join in on the fun at a chapter rally near you.

The Big News:
I quit my day job! Woohoo! That's right, no more business suit by day - RV costume by night. With the success of the Forum, the budding success of the Club, the launch of more tools for you and a full-time "other" job, I've become seriously sleep deprived. Something had to give. Our love of RVing, the RV lifestyle and our fondness for getting out there and meeting all of you, drove me to create and pitch an employment proposal to Heartland RVs. Guess what? They agreed that I should be doing this full-time!

Effective March 10th, 2008, I will be on-staff, full-time with Heartland RVs in the position of Director of Owners Interests. In this capacity, I'll be able to further develop and hard-launch the Heartland Owners Club and further develop the Heartland Owners Forum. It will allow me to work closer with our chapter leaders to put on even more rallies and for me to get to more rallies. It will allow me to get to more RV shows to meet more of you! It's all good.

Working for Heartland will give me even better access to Heartland staff, plants and processes. Better access means more information for you. While my role will not take the place of Heartland Dealers, Heartland Regional Reps, Heartland Brand Managers or even Heartland Customer Service - I will be yet another tool for you, the customer.

Thank you for your kindness and your help these last 3+ years and I look forward to serving the Heartland Owners community in my new capacity.

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests
Heartland RVs, LLC

truknutt

Committed Member
Congrats on the new "job"! Now you can lay around and watch those puppies while you work! :D

rckc228

Great you deserve it. You do a really great job. Is a chapter been started in Massachusetts

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Congratulations Jim! What a wonderful opportunity for you!
You have done some amazing things with this site and grown so much even since I joined last October. We look forward to seeing you at some of the California rallies now. :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congratulations Jim! It's a well deserved honor. I wonder if any other manufacturers have this available to their owners. I can't wait to start H.O.O.T. n and H.O.P.n.:D

jimtoo

Congratulations Jim. I think your move will be a good one for us, the Heartland Owners. I am sure you put lots of thought into the move and career change. Hopefully it will be a good move for you and Heartland RVs.

Thanks to you and linuxkidd and jpmorgan37 for all you have done and are going to do.

If I can help in any way, I am here.

JimM

waccajs

Texian
Great news Jim. We are all behind you and let us know of anything we can do to help. Sounds like your kind of gig.

DSDOLL

ANY ACTIVITY IN MONTANA WITH BIG HORN BOUGHT ONE 2 YEARS AGO KINDA OUT HERE BY MYSELF GLAD TO SEE THE FORUM DDOLL

billd

Congratulations on the new job Jim. Now what are you going to do in your spare time? :D

Thanks for the forum and support.

Bill

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Holy Cow Dude!:eek: That's awesome. Livin' and breathin' campers. Sounds like a great opportunity. I am a bit envious and jealous. I do think you will be a great addition to the Heartland group.

Can't wait to hear more, please keep us informed.

Good luck,

Mark

grizzlygiant

ANY ACTIVITY IN MONTANA WITH BIG HORN BOUGHT ONE 2 YEARS AGO KINDA OUT HERE BY MYSELF GLAD TO SEE THE FORUM DDOLL

You are not alone, partner. We are neighbors and there are certainly more of us hiding out here in the woods. I hope Jim will make a trip out west and get a first hand view of the huge potential for RVs here in the inland northwest.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Jim,
I have seen this coming for some time! I know that you will be a great asset to Heartland and it's owners. Even though I am a non owner, I still feel a part of this group. I wish you much success in this new position!

Ken

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Congrats. While being new I have really seen this to be a great benefit for us owners. Keep up the good work and thanks!!

Jim,

You give truth to the old adage " If you want something done, give it to a busy man". It sounds like Heartland made another smart move.
Congratulations and good luck in you new endeavor.

jnbhobe

Jim,
Congradulations, I know you will be an asset to Heartland and continue to be the link for the rest of us here on the forum.

theharveys

Jim,
Good luck in your new adventure with Heartland! I am happy to hear that Heartland remains so committed to their customer base. Makes me even happier that I bought Heartland.

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Congratulations!

Jim, You have done an awesome job with this site and with Heartland! Way to go, Heartland! Good luck and hope to see you at one of our rallies!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Win - Win

Congrats, Jim! :cool: Too Cool! Looks like a win-win for everyone: Heartland, the Beletti's AND the rest of us owners.

Now then, do you need an electrician? :D

Seriously, let me know anyway I can help!

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Jim
Congratulations! This is a win win for everyone Heartland, you, and all the owners. It is so good to be able to witness the changes.
Best wishes and God bless
Wayne & Gayle