Propane leak

BlairV

The propane system in our 4012 is leaking from the regulator on the OTD side. We tried replacing with a new regulator but the same thing happens when the tanks, either one, are opened. Trying to see if this is operator error or something I need the dealer to look at.

Thanks

lvfun

Cyclone 4012 Owner
Propane Leaks

We had the same problem with our 4012. I got to Disneyland last week and had no propane in the same side. I filled the tank and hit the whole line with a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of dish soap. I had a small leak on the switch on DS which when tightened went away immediately.

vangoes

BlairV
I had the same problem. The leak (smell) appeared to be in the regulator compartment area so the dealer worked on it without success......I then changed the regulator and still leaked. After sniffing (literally) around connections, I found the leak was a cracked (over torgued) brass nipple where the flexible line joins the galvanized pipe feeding the coach. Replaced the fitting with one from Lowes and no problems since. Try using the human sniffer.......worked when the mechanical sniffer did not. Good luck.

Tom of Ypsi

Check all of the brass fittings. I had a fitting that had a hairline crack that was not visible until I started tightening everything. There was no smell until you had your nose right at that fitting and the leak was on the backside where I could not even see the soap and water bubbling.

BlairV

Thanks for the suggestions. I know the leak is coming from the regulator because I can hear it and feel it coming from there. My question is whether this can be caused by some other problem in the system that I haven't found yet, such as a blockage or leakage from another fitting or hole?

The entire interior of the trailer wreaked of propane when I first noticed the leak. We've had the trailer for nearly a year (well used) without a propane issue.

Thanks again for the help.

I found a leak in the "red" regulator as well on my 2008 3210. I replaced the regulator with one from Lowes (silver) and subsequently it leaked as well. I have since read the post here on this forum and realize that I need to replace with the "red" regulator. Going to do that todaay if I can find one. Is there any special way to hook up the tanks and pressurize the system so you minimize the chances of blowing regulators?

wdk450

Propane Leak on BH3670

Gang:
For a few times now my wife and I have smelled what we identify as propane in the kitchen area when we first go into the rig. I had one of the dealer's service guys show up at my storage site to check this out, he "forgot" his electronic sniffer and pressure gauge, and said what we smelled wasn't propane. He checked around with bubble juice, but couldn't find anything.
Last month I bought one of those tank mounted pressure gauges and finally did the pressure leak-down test (turn tank valve on, then tank valve off, then watch if gauge for pressure goes down) this weekend. You could see the needle slowly leak down taking about 5 minutes to go to empty.
I got bubble juice, repressurized, and started at the tank, all connections to/from the steel pipe under the rig, all gas input connections to the water heater, furnace, refrigerator and stove. Nothing made bubbles. My only guess might be the flexible hose going into the kitchen slide (refiig and stove), but I don't know how to test that.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the gauge leak down test a valid test? Should there be no leak down at all?