Furnace runs continuously in Cyclone

WYWendinger

I have an 08 cyclone 5th wheel toy hauler it seems that doesn't want to really heat the house but the furnace is always running where is the heat going in my losing it through the under side of the house do I need to pull the underliner down and check the furnace ducts and insulate Would It help. outside temperature is usually 30 degrees when I did try it. any ideas would be appreciated thanks

rxbristol

Re: heating issues

Are you getting ANY heat through the vents? You should not have to drop the underside, but go though the storage area and remove the access panel(s). There you should see your heater and vent tubes.

danemayer

Hi WYWendinger,

At 30 (F) the furnace should easily heat the rig without running continuously. You may be able to see where the ducts are connected to the furnace heat chamber by taking down the rear wall of the pass-through storage area. You may have a duct that's become disconnected from the furnace.

On our Landmark, the wall by the UDC has to come down and you have to crawl in around the plumbing. Our furnace is just to the rear of the water heater. Of course, your layout may be different.

Cjackg

When I was doing some wiring in the garage of our 3110, I removed the heat duct and discovered that a lot of the air flow was going into the wall as the hose had been torn since originally installed. It really does pay to take a close look at the heat ducts, fittings, and hoses.

I later cut & removed several feet of excess hose from some of the runs to straighten them and improve the air flow.

Failed-duct3.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the return air grill for the heater is at the plenum box. Take that off and you can see all the ducting. The plenum has some covers ( tin covers) for installing other ducts and some times they can come loose or off. I had one come off under the sink counter top...lost lots of air flow and the counter top got blazing hot. Just somewhere else to look.