Carpeting

Parmela

We're getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 3200 rs. Its brand new.. just left over fron last year. Since its new, it will come with the full warranty.

There have been a lot of people through it and it shows on the carpet. I pointed this out to the sales person and she agreed.

My question.... should the dealer fix this or would the warranty?

danemayer

Hi Parmela,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Warranty covers manufacturing defects. I'm pretty sure that damage or wear and tear that happens on the dealer lot would be the responsibility of the dealer.

Make sure you're completely satisfied with the condition of the rig before signing papers; especially an "acceptance" paper.

Parmela

Thanks! Please ignore the duplicate thread...... I wasn't sure my first thread went through!

Would it be unreasonable to ask for the carpeting to be replaced throughout the coach?

danemayer

Is it reasonable to ask for new carpet? Maybe. Depends on how it cleans up. Keep in mind that there aren't a lot of places with experience installing carpet in RVs.

Parmela

Yeah.....trying to replace it could be opening a can of worms. I'm really most concerned about the steps.....and I don't see why we couldn't replace those with hardwood or laminate steps. That's something we could do ourselves without a lot of effort or expense.

GOTTOYS

I'd be willing to bet it cleans up just fine. Not something a warranty will cover for sure. it will be expensive to replace....Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our rig was in an RV show before we purchased, and it definitely showed. The dealer cleaned the carpet before we took delivery, and it looked fine. I've since learned that tracking in dirt is pretty easy in a trailer when camping. We make a point to remove shoes before getting on carpet, but I clean the carpet myself at least once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crumgater

We tailgate with ours, and have grit being tracked in by 30+ people from the dirty, oily pavement we're parked on 6 weekends a year... we do a good shampoo'ing once a year (bissell carpet machine) and I'm always amazed at how clean the carpets come out. We just finished up our 5th season in our Elkridge... it's held up to our torture, beautifully!

I'd ask the dealer to clean the carpets - and knock some $$ off the price for being the "show" model... if the carpets are dirty, who knows what else the people browsing might have done? a number of small chips and scratches would be expected, in my book...

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is reason why we ordered our unit with the max linoleum option. Tailgating and two doxies. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk