All Garage Lights Very Dim

Trevoc

In our Cyclone 4200, all of the lights in the garage are extremely dim compared to the other same style lights in the rest of the unit. They are so dim, they don't even help to see at night.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Trevoc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would start checking wiring connections and making sure they are all tight. I would start at the switch and wiggle and see what you can find..I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with better info soon.

We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

Please let us know what cures the problem as may help someone else.

Jim M

danemayer

Check the fuse box. If the lights are LEDs, the fuse may be blown. There's a trickle of current going through an LED in the fuse box to let you know if a fuse is blown (when the load is switched ON). It may be enough to slighly illuminate a few LEDs downstream.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A poor ground...not disconnected can cause this. I'm sure that all the lamps are connected in series...both B+ and ground. If you do not find anything at the fuse panel....remove the lamps one at a time and check the wiring.

Trevoc

Thank you very much for your responses and I apologize for my delay letting you know what I found.

I embarrassed to admit it, but I had not bothered checking the fuse since I had some light, although very dim. When checking the fuse, I found the fuse was gone! I inserted a fuse and all garage lights work fine. I am still surprised there could be any light without a fuse.

Thank you very much for your help; I will do better job of trouble-shooting before asking questions in the future.

Thanks again!