Prowler Lynx Review

rvjack

I brought my new 2014 Lynx 26lx home through the fog and ice the Texas hill country yesterday having sent one night in it at Fredricksburg Texas. All systems performed ably but can see it is a no-frills unit with some things that will have to be added like a surface mount medicine cabinet, some protective corner molding, middle hinges on the big cabinet door fronts, electric jack perhaps another mattress, a couple of bedside reading lights, vent covers, outside swing out handles and 2 inside door handles and of course, a 25-32 inch TV. Slide out carpet and dining area upholstery is economy grade but would be easy to replace. Leveling jacks are a joke and the waste outlet (as well as its handles) needs another 8-12" length for reasonable access. The rear living area chairs seem to be of fair to good quality and are very comfortable. Structurally, I cannot tell any difference in build quality or materials of higher units all of which sit on the same width dimension frames (open cross beams!) with identical plumbing, heating and electrical materials. the unit sits high, but did not impact towing which was very good at 45-55 mph and given the fact that I towed without my weight distribution hitch due to a broken part that noticed when hitching up at dealer.

I think one could pay more for bells, whistles and more comfortable frequent use utility. But the Lynx appears to be a great value for the money particularly if one is an occasional RV'er.

jbeletti

Welcome to the Heartland family. Try to make it to a Heartland rally this year. Texas will have at least two (North and South) and there's an RV.net (Sweetheart) rally coming up in February in Kerrville (full but there's a waitlist) where a lot of Heartlanders will be joining. Click on the Events link above. Also consider joining the club.