3670 Questions

RSIG

Ordering 2009 3670 this week. Should I add Generator prep and trail-air hitch? Any other must have items?

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We got the generator prep in our package from the dealer and DH is removing it this weekend so there is more storage up front. If you want and are going to get a generator its a good thing though,,, Lizzy

jbeletti

I'd recommend getting the TrailAir pin box. Gen Prep is more of a "just in case" option for many. If you plan to add a built-in gen later, consider getting the prep. If you have no idea what your future holds or if you plan to add a portable gen, then I'd pass on the gen prep.

boatdoc

I myself would pass on the gen prep and put that money into the 12cf reefer. Having just got back from the 1 1/2 month maiden trip in our 09' 3670 we are very glad we have the larger fridge. Yes one looses the pantry beside it but that kitchen has so much room and cabinets you don't miss it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Depending on what type of camping you plan on or if you think you might need a generator for rest stops, you may be better off with a Honda portable set up. We have the Trail Air hitch and think it is a worthwhile option. If the MorRyde pin box was an option I may have bought that instead of the TA. Dual Pane windows are a big plus. Less noise, condensation and they seem just so much better overall than single pane. We have the 10cu. ft. fridge with the ice maker. If you get the 12 ft fridge, you lose the pantry. DW wouldn't go for that. We have a 3.2 cu.ft. freezer in the washer/dryer area so we can stock up on steaks and stuff. Being full time that was a necessity. With a coach as big as the 3670 you may want to consider bedroom a/c. Get that order going and have fun.