3490 Bhs

We are taking delivery of a new 2009 3490 BHS in a week or so. Has anyone else out there bought one recently? We are getting the electric awning. Has anyone had any experience with these? This is our first 5th wheel and it is a big one(!) how well do these tow?
Thanks!

MFFD28

We ordered a 2009 3490BHS last Friday. Trading in our 2005 Jayco Eagle 305BHS. We ordered the electric awning also, along with electric rear jacks. Our Eagle towed like a dream, but it's a mid-profile unit with 10,550 GVWR. Moving up to GVWR of 14,000 has me a little concerned, but I've got the right equipment to pull it, so I think it will just be a matter of getting used to it. I've been lurking here on this sight for a few days now and have only seen positive comments about towing (and backing) Heartland RVs.

Now the long wait for delivery...

rev2damax

3490bhs

We purchased our 08 last Aug and hit the road with it immediately. We absolutely love the unit. No problems so far. Our 07 duramax handles it with ease.

We have a delivery date of friday the 14th and are excited. We did a pre-delivery walk thru this weekend...that thing is HUGE! I have a 2000 3/4 ton crew cab GMC but have the old 350 engine. We'll see how it pulls the monster, wish I had the duramax..but it was new truck or new trailer!

jpmorgan37

thefredericks;

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your truck won't do the job for you. You will be over the GVWR for your truck and though that 350 is a great engine, it wasn't meant to pull your new Big Country. It will kill it.

John

We also have a 3490BHS on order, however we have not seen one yet in real life, we also have ordered the Elecric awning and the rear powered jacks, from the info we have seen posted on this model, it looks like we have made the right move, I am glad to hear that it pulls well, as I will be towing it with an 07 Duramax