ATF: Cyclone - '13 Cyclone 3010 Puck Light Control - Kitchen?

intored

in our '13 3010, we have a mixture of conventional incondecent 12 volt trailer lights in the cabin with the tiny rocker control on the switch and (3) unique zones of LED puck lights (over the couch, over the headboard in bedroom and over the kitchen counters) each controlled by their own unique large wall mounted rocker switch. Each of these large wall mounted rockers are conveniently located in the zones they affect, with the exception of the (2) lights in the kitchen. I have climbed all over this trailer and can not find a switch to operate these lights. I put a ladder up and see they are wired with the supply dropping behind the fridge, but haven't been able to trace the wires any further. I have taken pictures, but can't see a way to attach or link to a hosted image in this mobile version of the site.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have moved your thread to a better location.
You should be able to get feedback from other Cyclone 3010 owners that can answer your question about the lights.
I suspect that one of them could be the welcome home light that turns on when you open the door, if your rig is so equipped.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are there any rocker switches down low by the entry door?? Our Horn has 2...1 for the step lite and 1 for 1 ceiling lite.

intored

Hi guys and thanks for the responses. I've checked every interface point, with the exception of the Welcome Home feature. Is there an interface to control how this feature works? I would think since the location of these lights is functional, you would want to control them independently of the opening/closing of the door.

This first picture is the location of the lights in the kitchen:

KitchenPucks.JPG

This next picture is shows the types of switch Heartland used for the LED light pucks over the dining room table and over the headboard in the bedroom:

WallSwitch.JPG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked for a switch mounted under the cabinet?
Perhaps next to the microwave?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I've checked every interface point, with the exception of the Welcome Home feature. Is there an interface to control how this feature works? I would think since the location of these lights is functional, you would want to control them independently of the opening/closing of the door.

The Welcome Home Light is typically above the entry door. Since these appear to be pretty far from the entrance, that's probably not it.

The Welcome Home Light typically has a switch that will turn on the light. If that switch is OFF, the magnetic switch in the door controls the Welcome Home Light.

The size and shape of switches may vary. You could be looking for a small rocker switch.

TX_Clay

On our 2015 CY3010, the switch for the lights you have pictured are under my main panel control. You see the one for the ceiling light on the panel and then, just below the panel, is another switch that turns those lights on. You cant see the switch in this picture.

Attachments

• WP_20141207_001.jpg
    WP_20141207_001.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 47

intored

Thanks Clay, I have the exact same MCP as you. I'm guessing your referring to the switch on the bottom right labeled "Light" right next to the Awning rocker? Seeing all the other switches for the ceiling and exterior lights that was the first one I tried, however it had no affect on anything. I guess I'll have to check for a fuse next time I'm there, thanks for at least getting me in the ballpark :)

TX_Clay

No Sir, that switch actually is for the LED lights in my awning. Below the MCP, all by itself, is another switch. That one does the kitchen lights on our rig.

intored

So your picture doesn't show the additional switch below? I have no additional rockers below the MCP, but I do have that "Light" rocker next to the Awning rocker...I haven't looked to see if there are any LEDs in the awning, so that may still be my light? Is the switch you have below the MCP the small black rockers or is the the larger white switch like the ones used to control the LED pucks elsewhere?

TX_Clay

It is similar to the white rockers you showed. But not as big. Halfway between the small switch in the MCP and the large rocker by the slide out.

intored

I put an arrow on the picture of the MCP you originally posted...although I won't have access to the Toy Hauler till Spring, I'm 95% sure I do not have an additional switch below these panels. But then again, I don't think I have LEDs in my awning (maybe I do) and there is a small black rocker in the location you indicate is for your awning lights. Guess this will give me something to do in the morning instead of cleaning the bikes ;P

MCP.jpg

VAbow

My 3010 Cyclone didn't come with the awning lights (I think the newer ones have them) and the switch for the lights over the kitchenis on that panel. I will try and go check mine out and take a pic.

Bob&Patty

Dumb question, have you called HL service and with your VIN# asked them how to turn on those lites???

intored

Not a dumb question and was actually my first coarse of action...this thread was originally posted in the "Ask the Factory" group where I provided the details and the VIN. I guess the admin thought I would get the answer more quickly by moving it to the general discussion and allowing the community to answer :rolleyes:

GMCaddic

Did you check the lights them self and see if they have switches on them ? Granted mine is a Torque I have switches on my lights in the kitchen area and hallway.

intored

None of the LED puck lights have self contained switches that I know of, but if they did I would need a ladder to reach them as they are mounted over the cabinets ;)

Bob&Patty

The "ATF" will work sometimes. HL does monitor that thread...but...you will not always get an answer very quickly. They do not have a person sitting at a putor reading every "ATF" thread. Just post a question in an area close to your issue and you will probably get more reponses than you need.

intored

Spent the week with the trailer and tried to pick this problem up again. I took some close up pictures of the control panel and even opened the lower panel up as the small black rocker in the lower section label "Light" doesn't seem to affect anything.

Control_Panel.JPG

Lower_Section.JPG

Wire_Color.JPG

Attachments

• Control_Panel.JPG
    Control_Panel.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Wire_Color.JPG
    Wire_Color.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 11