Nitto Terra Grappler 2

Dober2004

Looking to replace the tires on my 2012 F350 TV to Nitto Terra Grappler 2's. Anybody have any experience with them? I am towing a Cyclone 3100. Appreciate any input. Thanks!

HornedToad

My daughter used her company vehicle allowance to put a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers on her truck. She says they handle the lease roads well and are not as noisy on the highway as some of the other name brand tires she has run. One problem she did have... "they were really slick and would start sliding around @ 20 MPH" on the icy roads we had this past week in West Texas.

Wmnmy

yes I got them about a year ago love them quiet sturdy and they ride smooth for me.....

Hello, I just changed the stock Firestone Transforce tires on my 2014 Ram 3500 SRW megacab to the new Nitto, Terra Grapplers G2's, so far I'm impressed. There is a little more road noise over the stock tires but that was kind of expected as they have little more aggressive tread pattern. The stock tires on the ram were 275/70/18, with a single tire load rating of 3600 lbs. This was a little concerning as the weight on the rear axle was about 200 lbs from the max load rating of the tires with the trailer connected and was just a little to close for my comfort. The selling factor on the Terra Grapplers G2's was the 4080LB load rating on the 295/75/18's which was just a little larger then the stock tires, and the 50,000 tread warranty, and their not a bad looking tire.

zombiejeep

I had load range "E" on my Jeep. While I wasn't towing anything, I used them off road a LOT. A lot of guys I went with snickered that I used an A/T while they were using a M/T, but my jeep is my daily driver, I drive 35 miles to work one way. Those same guys were surprised that I could hang with them for the most part on the trails. Off road I air down to about 10 pounds or so and they did fine. I really liked the Nittos. The only reason I did not buy them again was one of my friend gave me a really good deal on another brand. Next new set will probably be Nittos though. By the way, there is an active recall on Dura Grapplers!!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had load range "E" on my Jeep. While I wasn't towing anything, I used them off road a LOT. A lot of guys I went with snickered that I used an A/T while they were using a M/T, but my jeep is my daily driver, I drive 35 miles to work one way.

My truck is my daily driver as well . . . and my drive to work is 35 miles each way as well!

I bought my new truck on August 22, 2014 and it just rolled over 13,000 miles already this past Saturday.

Those same guys were surprised that I could hang with them for the most part on the trails. Off road I air down to about 10 pounds or so and they did fine. I really liked the Nittos. The only reason I did not buy them again was one of my friend gave me a really good deal on another brand. Next new set will probably be Nittos though. By the way, there is an active recall on Dura Grapplers!!!

I wonder if the Nittos would make a good trailer tire . . . where can they be purchased?

I will be needing to replace my BlowMaxes before the spring camping season begins.

zombiejeep

I get all my tires from Discount Tire Direct .Com (They have free shipping usually). I wish Nitto made a trailer tire, that would be sweet! On a semi-related note, I was looking at my tires on our new North Trail this past weekend at the storage unit. I am happy to say we don't have Tow Max tires! Woo Hoo!

JohnD

I get all my tires from Discount Tire Direct .Com (They have free shipping usually). I wish Nitto made a trailer tire, that would be sweet! On a semi-related note, I was looking at my tires on our new North Trail this past weekend at the storage unit. I am happy to say we don't have Tow Max tires! Woo Hoo!

LT tires are commonly used on travel trailers . . . I had a set on our old trailer for the whole 12 years we owned it and never once had a tire issue.

As for the tires on your North Trail . . . what brand did it come with?

They may not be much better than the BlowMaxes?

I know when I was wandering around the dealers lot when the 2014's had just come out while I was picking up my trailer from a warranty repair, I noticed that none of the 2014 Trail Runner's or North Trail's had BlowMaxes on them, but had a brand called "Tow King", which I believe are BlowMaxes with a name change as the tread looked identical to my tires.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have only heard only good things about both the Nitto tires mentioned above.

I will probably be getting the Dura-Grapplers soon for DW's 4WD SUV, which we use for both on and off road use.

Two of her existing Bridgestone A/T's are shot. Trace

JohnD

I have only heard only good things about both the Nitto tires mentioned above.

I will probably be getting the Dura-Grapplers soon for DW's 4WD SUV, which we use for both on and off road use.

Two of her existing Bridgestone A/T's are shot. Trace

I had the Bridgestone Duelers on my old Dodge Ram 4x4 . . .

They were great tires for 4-wheeling, but on the road they lowered my gas mileage quite a bit, and I only got about 35,000 miles out of them before they were worn out.

Plus, as I recall . . . they were very expensive (around $200 each)!

TruckAtGig-P1010904.jpg

Old Dodge with the Duelers . . .

Lobovista

Have had them on my F250 for three years. Great tires. Have pulled our fifth wheel about 10,000 miles with these tires and they still look new. They are a little rough riding at their rated 80 psi so when not towing I lower the pressure to 65 psi. Fill them up to 80 psi when towing. I always check with infrared temp gage at stops and they all run cool and even. Bought at Discount Tire and get them rotated and balanced every 4-6,000 miles. They are much smoother and quieter than the Mickey Thompsons that came on the truck.

Bones

Hello, I just changed the stock Firestone Transforce tires on my 2014 Ram 3500 SRW megacab to the new Nitto, Terra Grapplers G2's, so far I'm impressed. There is a little more road noise over the stock tires but that was kind of expected as they have little more aggressive tread pattern. The stock tires on the ram were 275/70/18, with a single tire load rating of 3600 lbs. This was a little concerning as the weight on the rear axle was about 200 lbs from the max load rating of the tires with the trailer connected and was just a little to close for my comfort. The selling factor on the Terra Grapplers G2's was the 4080LB load rating on the 295/75/18's which was just a little larger then the stock tires, and the 50,000 tread warranty, and their not a bad looking tire

Silver_2000_tj,
How were your old tires wearing on the rear. Mine are wearing down quick and I was wondering if it was the tire or just the fact I have a SRW. How are the Nittos because those are the ones I want to get next.