A silly question...

bjbieber

I love the way they've done the bumper on the 31QBS and BHD but I've got a silly question....without the metal tube bumper...where do you store the sewer hose? :eek:

CampingJunkie

On our 28BHS there is a small tube mounted under the TT near the front. It is not big enough for our use so we just have a 3ft by 1.5ft clear box we have our hose and fittings in and that is placed in the outside compartment. We have so much outside storage so storing it in this manner did not take up any valuable space. We have room left over.

Jennifer

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I took a length of 4" Sch 40 PVC tubing, 2 clean out adapters with threads, and 2 threaded caps. I cut the 4" PVC to fit where the adapters extended outside the sides of the trailer on each side. A friend of mine painted his International Orange so he could see them when he was backing for guides. I left mine white. Under my 3400 the cover on the bottom is held on with threaded bolts. My dealer took some plumber's tape (metal strip with holes in it) cut a length that would fit around the PVC and then bolt to the frame using the bolts for the undercovering.

I drilled a hole in the top and bottom wall of the PVC and took a 6" long, 1/4" bolt with washers and nut, inserted it thru the holes to make a stop for the sewer hoses. I have a 20' hose in the left side and a 10' on the right side. I will post a picture later if someone is interested..

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok here are some pictures of the PVC tubing.. I don't have a photo of how it is attached because it is very wet.. But we just bolted it to the bottome of the frame using the existing bolts that hold the undercover on and some plumbers tape.. You can see the bands (plumbers tape) that is holding the tubing up in the first attachment.

Let me know if you have any questions.

BC

Attachments

• DSC_0001-1H.jpg
    DSC_0001-1H.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 198
  • Bolt view.jpg
    Bolt view.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 172
  • End Cap.jpg
    End Cap.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 163