Introducing the Heartland Owners Chat!

linuxkidd

Hello Heartland family..

I'd like to take this moment to formally announce the "Experimental" launch of the Heartland Owners Chat.

You can access it HERE.

On that page, you will be presented with a terms of use that must be agreed to prior to entering the room. These terms of use are general common sense rules that follow the spirit of the forums.

I would like to emphasize one thing from the terms of use here. Since it is a LIVE chat, we the moderators do not have any ability to censor what is said. Thus, you're experience on the chat may stray from the values that we try to follow here in the forum. We hope that everyone continues to follow the same courtesy's that they do on the forum, and don't expect their to be any real problems. Just know that anything is possible.

Please use this thread to provide feedback on your thoughts and experiences in the chat. We look forward to hearing from everyone, and seeing you in the Heartland Owners Chat!

Thanks!
LK

Last edited:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Good Job on the Chat!

The HOC seems to be working great. I do believe it will be another valuable benefit and asset to the Heartland owners! Thanks! :):cool:

I spent a couple of hours on the new chat site.. works great and provides another reason for owning a Heartland..Keep up the good work..Kidd..Jim and the Heartland crew

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey LK,

I was on the HOC this evening with Jim B and everything seems to be fine here at the house. It's probably the numerous firewalls at work that were causing my earlier problems. The Full Screen button works fine and allows me to see the names of those onboard..not just the first 2 letters of their name/handle.

Thought I'd let you know so you weren't in there tinkering with the settings!

I enjoyed it...thanks for setting it up. ;)

Dave

linuxkidd

Thanks for the feedback guys...

TrukNutt: I've actually experienced the full screen bug before as well. I'm going to continue to develop a new way of doing the full screen function that should take care of it for everyone.

Thanks!
LK

truknutt

Committed Member
User's Listing

Just a thought....:rolleyes:...is it possible to see who is already on the HOC before I join in?

Not being a big "Chatroom" user, it seems strange to enter the chatroom and "bust" into someone's conversation. Might be my upbringing....."Shuush, boy & wait until we're done talking!" :(

Please tell me my parents haven't scarred me for life!!!! :eek:

Dave

jpmorgan37

Dave;
You can go in an not say anything, but everybody will know that you are there. And then when they say "Hey", you can say "Hey, back atcha" You aren't marred for life, and neither am I, but was brought up the same way.

John

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
If you haven't tried it yet, please do. It is pretty cool. Similar to AOL Instant Messenger and Yahoo version but you can do the chat right in your browser. very nice.

linuxkidd

Just some quick stats...

From Thursday mid-day when we kicked off the Chat... to last night at midnight east coast time. (3.5 days)

108 unique users visited the chat.
Out of that, 65 users posted 55136 messages in the chat.

Looks like some pretty good numbers!

Elder1

Hi, Great idea but must be a east coast thing, everytime I check it out Im all alone, sigh.

hehe, just kidding, I'll keep trying to find someone there. :)

rick_debbie_gallant

Know what ya mean BKNU. One thing to learn is when the last post was that you are posting to. For example the one you posted to was last posted to over 18 months ago. I have made the same mistake, as I am sure others have. Not sure how much action there is in there now.

jimtoo

Hi bknu,

You might have better luck finding someone if you open the chat in a separate window and stay logged in for a while. Your tab should let you know if someone logs on by blinking I think.

Jim M

Iver

One thread I would like to see is "The dumbest thing I ever did RVing". I have always learned the most from my dumb actions and would also from those of this large group.

Iver

By the way, how do I find a chapter that covers my geography (Albuquerquequeque) ?

j1cuellar

Re: User's Listing

I feel the same way. I just joined, even thought I have been a North Trail owner since 2011. I just have questions about some issues i am having and would like to here if others have had the same issues and how they fix them. But I have to have two blogs before I get approved.

J1cuellar

danemayer

Re: User's Listing

I feel the same way. I just joined, even thought I have been a North Trail owner since 2011. I just have questions about some issues i am having and would like to here if others have had the same issues and how they fix them. But I have to have two blogs before I get approved.

J1cuellar
Hi j1cuellar,

Welcome to the posting side of forum life. I don't know if you noticed, but this thread is about 4 years old.