Problems with Face Book

olcoon

When it comes to computers, I'm about the same as I am with horses..."usually" I can make it do what I want it to do. Now I'm having a problem with Facebook, and can't seem to figure it out. I know there are people on here that have forgotten more about computers than I'll ever know, so here goes. For maybe the last month or so, I've noticed people putting links on there & there is some type of foreign language somewhere in the text. Didn't think too much about it, FB is world wide. Last night when I logged on, there was a lot of "chicken scratchings" in the text. Not 100%, but probably about at least 50% of the writing was like this. In the settings area it is 100%. This morning I copied & pasted some of it into google & discovered it is Khmer, a further search revealed it's the national language of Cambodia. I have changed my password, it's still there & now I've got to figure out how to get rid of it. Some of the printing is in English & some is in Khmer, so I kind of feel that the language hasn't been changed, and at any rate since I can't read Khmer I can't get into the settings, as 100% of all that is in Khmer. I tried to contact FB last night, but I came to the decision that FB isn't operated by people, just computers & they are sitting in a room in India or Cambodia, laughing at me! Anybody got any suggestions? Right now I'm looking at just deleting my account with FB, and forgetting it!!!

I'm attaching a screenshot, so you can see what I've got.Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 2.22.34 PM.jpg

jjriker

If the language has been changed in the settings, try this to change it back to English. Go to the drop down menu of the last "tab" on the top right, the one that looks like an upside down triangle. "Settings" is the sixth option down. General settings is the first window that opens up and "Language" is the next to the last option. Choose edit over to the right and a box will pop up which lets you choose English (US).

Birchwood

Think facebook has a bug as I got the language change also and finally figured out where to make the change

olcoon

Thank You Jessica, it worked!!! Birchwood, you may be right I'm kind of wondering if FB is something I want to continue with, with all the things they've been doing, and now this! Only reason I'm on there is because of our kids, easier to keep in touch with them when we are on the road.

jjriker

Thank You Jessica, it worked!!! Birchwood, you may be right I'm kind of wondering if FB is something I want to continue with, with all the things they've been doing, and now this! Only reason I'm on there is because of our kids, easier to keep in touch with them when we are on the road.

Awesome, glad that fixed it!! :) Since you changed your password, hopefully you should be good now.