CY3010 - Garage Table, you sit in the dark

TX_Clay

When the beds are setup for dining table in the garage. You sit in the dark, well, in the shadows. I tried some the tap lights stuck to the bottom of the upper bunk. But they were not bright enough. Any suggestions? Would like to hear what others have done to remedy the problem.

Sorry about the misspelling in the title.

We purchased 2 battery powered led lights,4 to each light,from Harbor Freight.Have not tried in in the dark yet,but it has to be better than what they give,which is nothing,just like a bunk with no ladder to get into it.

OBX_Raineys

We had a Raptor previously and noticed a similar issue. I attached two sections of rope lights with a few zip ties along the sides and rear. There was an outlet conveniently located which helped. The lights went up and down with the top bed and stayed put without any problem. We eventually removed the bed altogether but left the lights up.

Firehawg

"Re: CY3010 - Garage Table, you sit in the dark
Here's what I put in the garage of my 4200 Cyclone. The beds blocked the light from the table/bed so I installed these on the bottom of the top bunk and works great. You can also buy two sets and control them with the switch(s)

We use them all the time and so far battery life has been great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Emerson-Wi...t-Set/41920657"

ndmac thanks for the post. These lights work well enough for you and put out enough light? I like the remote wall switch, that's pretty cool feature. We've been trying to find a solution for the RW, I think I will need to give this a try.

ndmac

"Re: CY3010 - Garage Table, you sit in the dark
Here's what I put in the garage of my 4200 Cyclone. The beds blocked the light from the table/bed so I installed these on the bottom of the top bunk and works great. You can also buy two sets and control them with the switch(s)

We use them all the time and so far battery life has been great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Emerson-Wi...t-Set/41920657"

ndmac thanks for the post. These lights work well enough for you and put out enough light? I like the remote wall switch, that's pretty cool feature. We've been trying to find a solution for the RW, I think I will need to give this a try.

Firehawg,
Yes the put out enough light especially for dining at the table. Placement is key to each application.
One side note, we adjusted the stops on the top bunk and leave it down while sitting at table when we need even more light focused on the table and not just the area.
I just happened to see these @ Walmart, really liked the wall switch also and thought no more than they cost I would try them out.

So far no complaints wit them.

ndmac

How is the light? Is there enough to read a newspaper by?

TX_Clay,
We use for dining at the table. Placement is key to each application so if you placed them outward towards the bench I would think so. I generally sit there and read my RV manuals so for me there is enough light for reading.

One side note, we adjusted the stops on the top bunk and leave it down while sitting at table when we need even more light focused on the table and not just the dining table area.

You might even research more and see if these come in higher wattage for other applications, the ones I posted are for accent/closet lighting so should work fine.

Hope this helps....Long winded answer to simple question...LOL