2014 Torque 325SS heat

Looking forward to the information from this forum! My name is Nick, I have a few questions on my new toy hauler! My first concern is mybattery is ALWAYS dead when I go to check on the trailer. I have double and triplechecked everything in the trailer. Unfortionately I am sure the battery hasbeen drained to 0 and we are in a very cold climate so I understand those twofactors are not conclusive to keeping a healthy battery. I can install abattery disconnect switch which doesn’t bother me. My main question is when I turnthe thermostat to heat – why does the a/c fan on the top of the coach continue toblow? Is this normal? I will have the heat set to 90 degrees but the air isstill getting forced down from the roof unit. Thanks for your help in advance.

Nick Boyer

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You did good by installing a battery cut off switch.
As Awardmasters said you will need to set your fan to auto. Do this by scrolling through the menu in your thermostat.
It is most likely set to either high or low right now.

Peace
Dave

I do not recall having the fan set to auto, but I will definitely double check that next time I tow it home. I am hoping it is something simple and not a problem with a short in the thermostat. Thanks again for the quick reply, Awardmasters.

Dave,
Thanks for you quick reply as well. I have not had the trailer home in a few weeks, however if I am not mistaken on mythermostat I have a on switch, which cycles through heat or a/c and two arrowsthat control the temperature. I hope I did not get the short end of the stickwith a real cheap thermostat that does not allow me to change this.

danemayer

Dave,
Thanks for you quick reply as well. I have not had the trailer home in a few weeks, however if I am not mistaken on mythermostat I have a on switch, which cycles through heat or a/c and two arrowsthat control the temperature. I hope I did not get the short end of the stickwith a real cheap thermostat that does not allow me to change this.
Hi Nickboyer186,

Your Fan question is probably the most common question posted by new owners. In addition to HEAT and COOL, you also have a FAN mode on the thermostat. Once you cycle to FAN, use the + or - buttons to change the FAN to AUTO.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes there are things that will drain the battey in your coach. If you live in an area that gets cold. I would remove the battery...take it home and put it on a good trickle charger.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looking forward to the information from this forum! My name is Nick, I have a few questions on my new toy hauler! My first concern is mybattery is ALWAYS dead when I go to check on the trailer. I have double and triplechecked everything in the trailer. Unfortionately I am sure the battery hasbeen drained to 0 and we are in a very cold climate so I understand those twofactors are not conclusive to keeping a healthy battery. I can install abattery disconnect switch which doesn’t bother me. My main question is when I turnthe thermostat to heat – why does the a/c fan on the top of the coach continue toblow? Is this normal? I will have the heat set to 90 degrees but the air isstill getting forced down from the roof unit. Thanks for your help in advance.

Nick Boyer

How often do you check the trailer? If it's once a month, then yes, even with everything "off", little things like the propane detector and radio can run down the battery over time. If you are consistently running it to "dead", this shortens the life of the battery, too. Dealers install the battery, and they may not have installed a "new" battery. Check the date.

When we bought our 5ver it was 5 months old from construction, and the dealer put in a group 24 battery. It would not hold a charge very long at all, even just running in and out slides would tax it...but we thought this was normal. It was not! We had some real issues during a power outage in below freezing weather. :(

So, we decided to fix our battery problem, by adding capacity... but we had no room to add a second. We could have upgraded to a group 27, but opted to go with a group 29 with a bigger battery box. We also added a battery cut-off switch, to make sure there is no draw on the battery while in storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandlit

I am a new owner and we also had a bit of confusion at first. We finally received the instruction from a fellow RV enthusiast. The thermostat control can set your fan and ac blower. We also used 2, 6 volt battery's and yes there is a significant draw when not in use. A solar system can help the RV electrical keep charged and functioning. Enjoy your travels ...

jimtoo

I am a new owner and we also had a bit of confusion at first. We finally received the instruction from a fellow RV enthusiast. The thermostat control can set your fan and ac blower. We also used 2, 6 volt battery's and yes there is a significant draw when not in use. A solar system can help the RV electrical keep charged and functioning. Enjoy your travels ...

Hi Mandlit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. Hope you enjoy your new Torque.

Jim M