Pickup Truck Rear Window Decals

Bohemian

I would like to put a Big Country decal on the rear window of my pickup truck.

Is anybody making/selling these?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service/parts and see what they have. I installed the chrome "Heartland" logo in the back window of my TV. All the BH decals are too big.

SilverRhino

Just a question about "covering" the rear window...... Would it be legal to do that? I am sure it would vary from state to state, but if they regulate how dark the tint can be on a window, I wondered what law enforcement would think of blocking the rear window.

Tombstonejim

Akkk. They sell vans with no rear windows . If you got a trailer behind you can't see out it. That's why they make side view mirrors.

My experience with this kind of nonsense.

Me and the Great Safety Violation

Jim B
One of the things about being a sector pilot was that youfor the most part flew the same Aircraft every day. This allowed us to configurethe aircraft pretty much the way we wanted it. It could in some cases lead toproblems.

As a sector pilot we often flew long missions in support ofthe MACV team.Three to four hours at atime and sometimes two times a day.Itgot really hot inside of the aircraft especially from the hot sun streamingthrough the top windows of the O-1.Kindalike sitting in a lawn chair on the beach for hours at a time. The originalO-1D’s had a rollup curtain in the top of the cabin that could be used to blockthis sun light but they had all long ago been destroyed.I tried using maps and cardboard ECT to blockthe sun but none of it worked.Just toomuch wind in the cockpit.

So one day I am looking for a way to block the sun and spota can of spray paint in the maintenance connex. Ah ha, a solution. I grab thepaint and proceed to paint the windows a nice OD color and it totally blocksthe sun from my head and neck.I am ahappy flier.

Well not so fast. It is not long before the aircraft has togo to Soc Trang for scheduled maintenance.I fly it and the crew chief down and hitch a ride back to Can Tho.I barely make it back to the MACV Compoundbefore the phone starts to ring.It’sthe maintenance officer, don’t remember who.The short of it I have committed some horrendous safety violation, thatthe plane is unsafe to fly with the windows painted over and now it is going tohave to stay at least an extra day in maintenance just to replace the windows.As I recall I also got a call from the safetyofficer and the XO. No amount explaingthat with a helmet, flack jacket, armored seat, and parachute was there any wayI could see out those windows, even if I wanted to was acceptable.The windows had to be replaced and it was myfault.

A couple of days go by the plane is ready. I go back to SocTrang to get it and of course the first thing I want to do is check thewindows.Well indeed the painted windowsare gone. I look at the new windows expecting to see a couple of nice newtransparent Plexiglas windows.Nope. No Plexiglas.What do I see, two nice shiny pieces of Alcoa aluminums best aircraft-gradesheet metal, unpainted of course.

I never ask why a painted window was dangerous while apiece of aluminum wasn’t.I sometimeswondered what would happen if I painted the sheet metal?

Copy and pasted from another web site. For some crazy reason this site runs words together.

SilverRhino

The concern would be covering an existing window so that law enforcement could not readily see in.....I think! Of course if you never unhook your trailer then why worry?

Guess I would probably check into it if I was going to do it, so that I did not go to all the trouble and expense just to have to scrape it off. Not planning on covering up my windows, just a question!

GOTTOYS

I recently had my front door windows tinted at a shop in AZ. I was told you can have any shade of tint you want on any or the windows that are behind the front seat. I don't know why a large decal would be any different...Then on the other hand I always wonder why people pay for those large decals so they can advertise someones product for free..They should furnish the decal and pay you to drive around with it on your vehicle....JMHO..Don

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
If you are coming to the Goshen Rally this year Linda and I will be making vinyl decals again. Here are a couple of samples we've done.

100_0940.JPG 100_0941.JPG 100_0890.JPG

Bohemian

Simple. I like the mountain graphic of the Big Country line. It a see through rear window graphic it would be fantastic. Other than that, no we have no interest in advertising.