Water heater bypass valves

GMCaddic

Well I do have one issue on my trailer these bypass valves are a PITA to get to you have to take out the panels in the cargo compartment to even get to them. Bad idea.:mad:
Why didn't you put the valves a little closer to the panels a make a little door you open up to get to them. That is one thing that's going to be fixed . My dealer said they will do it for
me so I won't have any warranty issues. Other wise I still love the trailer. End of rant:)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Made my own access doors. The one with the vent is for the converter and suppressor, which I mounted to the side of the bedroom stair framing. The latches have been upgraded to barrel latches. I don't need to empty the basement in order to open them up and get at what I need. A hinged panel would be a problem.

GMCaddic

Nicely done John . That gives me ideas but i still have to move the valves closer to the panels. I have to reach around the furnace threw the vent pipes to reach the valves not an easy task but I will figure
it out. Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You might have an issue with modifing things that could void a warranty. Just because a dealer does it....that does not make it stay in warranty. Its no different than modifing a truck and then expect it to be covered by the factory warrranty. Maybe the dealer will warranty their work and parts.

GMCaddic

Well i have a 2 year dealer warranty also that is why they offered to re-plumb the valves.
Thanks