RVLock Installation with issues

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good Morning all. I installed my RVLock yesterday and having issues. I have the door with the Southco Keyless Entry Lock so my install was probably a little different than most. After getting it installed, the manual operation works great, but the Keyless operation is sluggish. I have to push the Lock or Unlock button on my remote about 4 times to get it to function the complete distance of the deadbolt. Anyone else have this issue? Or any idea how to fix it from the RVLock Support Team?

Majestic

We had to adjust the plate on the frame slightly with a file so the dead bolt motor had enough power to slide the dead bolt back and forth freely. Doesn't do well if binding at all.

DocFather

Make sure the batteries are all good ones. And also, do not overtighten the screws on the inside cover.

pegmikef

Also, when pressing the buttons on the keypad or remote, hold them down for a couple of seconds to make sure the lock receives the signal. Just pushing and releasing the button quickly doesn't always work.

danemayer

Good Morning all. I installed my RVLock yesterday and having issues. I have the door with the Southco Keyless Entry Lock so my install was probably a little different than most. After getting it installed, the manual operation works great, but the Keyless operation is sluggish. I have to push the Lock or Unlock button on my remote about 4 times to get it to function the complete distance of the deadbolt. Anyone else have this issue? Or any idea how to fix it from the RVLock Support Team?

We've also been experiencing sluggish operation in cold weather. First noticed it in Texas when temps dropped to about 20 (F). Now that we're in the Colorado mountains where it's much colder, I'm using the key more because the keyless operation almost always takes multiple presses. Feels fine with the key and batteries are almost new.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
And make sure that you don't quickly push the buttons on the keyless remote. We found that we were trying to operate it initially with a very quick depression of the buttons and we were experiencing problems as well. We have since learned that depressing it for a full second or two works like a charm and it works as advertised. We love our system and can't imagine going back to a regular door lock.

Rod Ditrich

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Oops, I walked away before I hit send on my initial reply to answer our door and came back and hit Post Quick Reply. Looks like pegmikef beat me to the response. Sorry for the double response to what I believe is the cure.

Rod Ditrich

Also, when pressing the buttons on the keypad or remote, hold them down for a couple of seconds to make sure the lock receives the signal. Just pushing and releasing the button quickly doesn't always work.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with everything Rod said. Holding the lock or unlock button a little longer did the trick.
It is -1° here now and when I did a little check in the rig today the lock worked awesome as usual.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you have the same issue using the keypad? We use the keypad more than the remote. I do notice the lock action a little slower in colder weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Do you have the same issue using the keypad? We use the keypad more than the remote. I do notice the lock action a little slower in colder weather.

Yes - no difference between using keypad or remote.

2psnapod2

I have to push the buttons about 4 times to actually get the lock to go through the complete cycle either way. I have not tried the keypad yet. I will try it tomorrow. I also will remove the plate on the side of the door. Making sure it is not binding on it.

2psnapod2

I removed the lock completely from the door and it is doing the same thing. Will call RVLock on Monday.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have you tried replacing the battery in the fob?

RVLockSupport

Hello Mr and Mrs Barnett. Sorry that you are having an issue. We want to make sure that you are taken care of. Please email us directly the postal mailing address that you will be staying at this next week so that we can swap you out with a handle that is functioning correctly. Our email is support@rvlock.com and I will let the team know the situation.

DocFather

Hello Mr and Mrs Barnett. Sorry that you are having an issue. We want to make sure that you are taken care of. Please email us directly the postal mailing address that you will be staying at this next week so that we can swap you out with a handle that is functioning correctly. Our email is support@rvlock.com and I will let the team know the situation.

That is James for ya. Always efficient and always happy to accommodate, as well as rectify the issues.

2psnapod2

Thanks James for the info. I have emailed my info. And yes as Andy and Joanna stated- this is how good service is done! I purchase the lock with a 5 year warranty so I really know now that I am in good hands with this RVLOck!

danemayer

We've also been experiencing sluggish operation in cold weather. First noticed it in Texas when temps dropped to about 20 (F). Now that we're in the Colorado mountains where it's much colder, I'm using the key more because the keyless operation almost always takes multiple presses. Feels fine with the key and batteries are almost new.

Meant to follow up. While in Breckenridge, RVLock sent a new style keypad and board that have better cold weather performance. The lock has worked reliably for over a month in very cold weather. Great customer service. Love my RV Lock.