3670 Microwave

D

drphelps

Anyone have/having problems with the Apollo 1/2 Time microwave that come in the 3670?

sjrellis

Mine is working like a charm. It took me a while to try it out, but with having to light the pilot light on the stove every time, I tried the 1/2 time oven and love it! I hope you get it working.

soilmovers

Anyone have/having problems with the Apollo 1/2 Time microwave that come in the 3670?

What kind of problems are you having?
Mine quit working after a couple months and I had it replaced- warranty. So far, the replacement is working fine. I love the 1/2 time cooking.

D

drphelps

What kind of problems are you having?
Mine quit working after a couple months and I had it replaced- warranty. So far, the replacement is working fine. I love the 1/2 time cooking.

First one, after opening the door about 4 times, the push button mechanism broke. Replaced under warranty. The second one, the same problem after about 6 times opening the door. Replaced under warranty. Current one, door opens, but now (after about 6 uses) the turntable does not work. Only a grating sound like the "cogs" under the turntable have misaligned. Not going after another one. Had it with these things.
Dave

jpmorgan37

drphelps;

I am very interested in the problem you are having. Will you please give us the model and serial number of your Heartland RV? I'm sure that we can get some help for you, since your RV must be new. When you joined the forum in November of 2007, you said that you were looking for a Heartland RV and then two days ago you were asking about getting the bench type dinette. If you will give us this information, we will go to the factory and see if there is something that they will do to resolve you problem.

John

D

drphelps

drphelps;

I am very interested in the problem you are having. Will you please give us the model and serial number of your Heartland RV? I'm sure that we can get some help for you, since your RV must be new. When you joined the forum in November of 2007, you said that you were looking for a Heartland RV and then two days ago you were asking about getting the bench type dinette. If you will give us this information, we will go to the factory and see if there is something that they will do to resolve you problem.

John

Oh my. Thank you so very much, but alas, I don't have my BigHorn yet. I still have a Montana (looking to finally UPGRADE later this year) but while looking at a 3670 I noticed that they come standard with this brand of 1/2 time microwave. It is the same that Montana uses and I was just curious as to problems people might have/are having with them.
DW and I are pretty much fed up with these units at this point. Going to switch to plain old microwave. We don't really need the "convection" portion of the 1/2 time microwave since we do use our oven.
Again, thanks - but not a Heartland problem.
Dave

jpmorgan37

Dave;

We don't have an oven. Just the convection/microwave and it took some time for Sue to get used to it but now, she really likes it. We wanted the extra cabinet space so didn't get the regular oven and don't miss it. Do a search. Lot's of folks have the convection/microwave combination and love them. But, it is your choice.

John

Larry.b

The problem we are having is the bulb has blown, and we can't find any way to change it. Has anyone had this problem?

JimRohan

Yep, first time I used it. In microwave mode the oven coils would turn on. I had to have a repair person come to my unit and replace the circuit board, no cost to me,
just not convenient. Works great now.

geeksrus

Welcome to the crappy-Apollo club... ours goes into high-intensity convection mode and the only way you can turn it off is to open the door or un-plug the unit. It works in microwave mode but once the cycle is completed the above happens... VERY DANGEROUS IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING IT!

It went about about 18 days after the coach's / oven's 1 year warranty had expired. I've contacted both Heartland & Apollo:
Heartland's response was to contact Apollo.:confused:
Apollo's response was it's out-of-warranty so take it somewhere for repair.
None of the local appliance repair centers want to touch it! So, I called Apollo back to see if they could help me locate a local repair center & the only answer I got was that SOME Sears stores in the USA (I'm from Canada) might be able to repair.... THANKS!!:eek:

THE RANT: I am very disappointed that Heartland would install such a poor quality product in the coaches. Additionally, they block you in as it appears that you can't a reliable brand of convection / microwave that will fit in the cabinet opening.:mad:

The longer I have my Heartland product, the more I'm becoming less of a fan of Heartland as a quality manufacturer.

EH!