Awning lights

bob34787

when I bought our Landmark the LED awing light on the main awning was shorted so camping world replaced it .... with the wrong color, more of a yellow, so they replaced it again, this time with a factory supplied light strip, my problem is the plastic holder on the main awning is looking like a snake and the awning strip on the slide awning has a coupe burned out lights and a couple of yellow ones. On the bright side the plastic holder is straight, my question is should I just accept the rather unattractive appearance or should I pursue replacements under warranty.

bob34787

I suppose I could have posted under ask the factory, than it would have stayed in the Landmark section. I was really asking in the Landmark section because I thought maybe other Landmark owners had experience with the LED awing lights.

dbbls59

Bob, I am sorry I answered a question ask by a Landmark owner. I'll be more thoughtful in the future and not correspond with you Landmark people.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Bob, I assume you know that other models also have awning lights. I have had a problem with mine loosening and "snaking", but none have gone out. They will be replaced under warranty in May.

aRAYwego

My awning lights are also doing the "snaking" thing. It is pretty unsightly. It started with just one or two "humps" but now it's pretty much the entire length. None of the lights are burned out though. They are, however, considerably dimmer now, when compared to the shorter strip on my slide awning.

Last edited:

DHill57

We also have 2 unsightly 'humps' on our main awning lights and now have several lights that have gone out. We are on the road right now and I've just emailed Heartland service to see what they suggest.