Prepaid Jetpack

branson4020

Icantre Member
Just picked up a Jetpack 5510l - prepaid. That data is horribly expensive, $60 for 3GB that expires in 30 days - no rollover. But I thought it might be handy for those times when I can't get decent WiFi or need a more secure connection. I was willing to pay the high prepaid data rate because I thought I'd probably only turn it on a few time a year when we travel. Got it set up and working only to find that if I don't use it every 90 days, it will self-destruct. Not the solution I was looking for. What to do, what to do...

MTPockets

Do you have a smart phone? I have Verizon and when I need to use the laptop and Internet access, I simply set the iPhone to the hotspot and wifi. Get data plan that suits your needs.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Do you have a smart phone? I have Verizon and when I need to use the laptop and Internet access, I simply set the iPhone to the hotspot and wifi. Get data plan that suits your needs.

X2. Both of us have one since haven't had a landline at home for years now. Use them a lot at home and on the road to find fuel, RV parks, CG, map our route, etc. DW found an App so she can download and read all of her magazines while traveling. Don't need to find wifi as along as you have cellular service. More secure too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: