Flp 3900

cm4horns

Getting ready to purchase an FLP 3900, I am tall, so I like the bathroom in the middle of coach and we also like the patio. Thoughts from others?

Thanks in advance!

danemayer

Hi cm4horns,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. The 3900FLP is a fairly new floor plan but I'm sure you'll hear from other Big Country owners shortly.

Tampapat

Just purchaed the 3900. great Floor plan. Unfortunatly I am experiencing a significant sway in the rear end. The unit is not safe to drive.
Please let me know if you have the same experience. Currently we belive the pin weight is light.

Thanks

danemayer

Just purchaed the 3900. great Floor plan. Unfortunatly I am experiencing a significant sway in the rear end. The unit is not safe to drive.
Please let me know if you have the same experience. Currently we belive the pin weight is light.

Thanks

Hi Tampapat,

What's your tow vehicle/configuration and what hitch are you using?

Tampapat

Hi Tampapat,

What's your tow vehicle/configuration and what hitch are you using?

Just purchased a 2015 Ford F350. Not sure of the of the Hitch Brand it was installed new at Camping World. We filled the Fresh Water and Gray tanks we then took it for another drive ran perfect. We had the weights checked and the Pin was at 2000 lbs. I understand we should be at 20% of the 5th wheel.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect that if you get some more pin weight you will find that towing will be much more stabil.
I have a similarly sized Bighorn and my pin weight is at 3,025 lbs.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Just purchased a 2015 Ford F350. Not sure of the of the Hitch Brand it was installed new at Camping World. We filled the Fresh Water and Gray tanks we then took it for another drive ran perfect. We had the weights checked and the Pin was at 2000 lbs. I understand we should be at 20% of the 5th wheel.

20% of GVWR is a planning number. But 2000 sounds light. The extra weight from water in the tanks no doubt helped. As you load the front basement storage, that'll probably help as well.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is your hitch mounted so that the pin will be over the rear axle?
You mentioned that you had the weight checked.
Do you know what procedure was used?

Peace
Dave

ks2000us

We are looking at the same unit, it will be our first fiver. we are looking for a quality unit so I will keep a eye on this thread. also looing at the Open Road 397FBS.
Don't want to make a mistake with our first.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe this is one of the units recalled due to improper location of the axles. Anyone looking at them, be sure to verify they have been repaired. I saw one at the Dallas RV show a few weeks ago, a great looking floorplan!! This unit had the fix, and it looked great. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426655864.146353.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426655906.130954.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426655949.519388.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426656015.984181.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426656061.072136.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426656109.312278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1426656285.733788.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426656315.479550.jpg

ks2000us

I spoke with a factory rep yesterday, They removed the rear door and slide the axles back to correct this problem. He said they pull great now.

Last edited:

Kelly692

I will be following this thread. Currently looking at this model for our first 5th. Have an apt with a salesman tomorrow!

ks2000us

Thanks for the pics! Do you know if the dining table folds down or slides into the cabinet? Thanks

Table doesn't fold or push in all the way.... the are working on making it slide in farer s thee is enough space to do but nothing yet. I'm planning on modifying ours and I'll keep everyone posted.

We pulled the trigger on ours Monday picking it up 2nd week of April, is a 2016 and they did make a few changes.

Good luck

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I will be following this thread. Currently looking at this model for our first 5th. Have an apt with a salesman tomorrow!

Kelly what dealer are you working with? If you do decide to go with the BC please consider joining the Heartlander Owners Club. There is a free one year trial membership to see if you might like it. I am also the Louisiana Chapter leader. We will be having our next rally down at Cajun RVera in New Iberia over Halloween and would love to have yall down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaRae

I am a new Big Country 3900FLP owner and new to the Forum. We live in London, AR and bought the BC from Great Escapes RV on Lake Norfork.
We love the RV. There are a few weird Engineering things that I'll mention later. One thing we did is immediately remove the table. There is 2' of wasted space where the table went partially into the cabinet. We mounted a double pull out trash can into the space and are using small bar stools at the "bar".

truckmen

Hello fellow 3900 FLP owners,

Ours is a 2015 purchased new at Dixie RV/Defuniak Springs, FL for a good price.
So far we've pulled this trailer from Defuniak Springs to Ocala, FL and back to Fountain, FL.
In June, we pulled it up to the Bangor area of Maine.
In July, we pulled the trailer across to East Quoddy Head, Calais, Maine and then back to the Bangor area.
This coming September, we plan on a ~ 10,00-mi trip counter-clockwise around the USA.

We really like this layout and the trailer is quite nice but there are some things that leaves me quite perturbed regarding the workmanship.
We've discovered some seriously bad construction techniques and are repairing them.

Our residential refrigerator broke loose and slid across the floor ramming the ridiculous table we have in the dining area.
Our A/C thermostats are mis-wired as far as I can tell with no rhyme or reason to their operation;
Why in the world did they mount the sewer holding hose pipe way up front? And where they did mount it, they pinched the battery vent line and in the process kinked the pipe. I am re-positioning it back near the discharge for a more intuitive placement;
Even the labeling of the black and gray water tanks are wrong.

We're also removing one of the couches. They both cannot be used as beds at the same time anyway and besides, the one on the left (driver's) side does not allow for the left side lazy boy to recline. So, we are removing it and in it's place building in a desk with 2 filing cabinets. The desktop will be right under the window so it won't block it.

Speaking of windows, does anyone else feel a bit miffed at the size of the openings? We are thinking of making a major modification in that back bedroom. It would mean doingn something with the overhead cabinets (over the head of the bed) so that we can get some more cross-ventilation. I'm afraid of what this will cost but will look into it next year.

I concur fully with the table mentioned by a previous poster. What is a 3900 FLP owner to do with that??? Hey, but at least we have bragging rights when we pull into a park regarding "that toy hauler door on the side".

We actually love the side patio, and front living room and the back bedroom nevertheless.

Last edited: