Snow in March...In TEXAS??!!

theharveys

Boy, here we are in Hurst, Texas (near Fort Worth). It is March, and it is snowing! We normally have at least one snowfall in February, but this is pretty late for such a snowfall.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 42

soilmovers

Boy, here we are in Hurst, Texas (near Fort Worth). It is March, and it is snowing! We normally have at least one snowfall in February, but this is pretty late for such a snowfall.

This was taken earlier this week- we're east of Dallas about 100 miles.
Today we're getting another snow warning with 5-8" predicted.

I moved from Chicago hoping to leave this weather behind. Ha!

Cindy

Attachments

• snow-3-4-08.jpg
    snow-3-4-08.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 33
I am putting up orders for snow. My snowbanks are still 6' plus high and my lawn is full of it. Last 2 days were nice temps but another storm is coming in and they are expecting temps to plummit and more snow predicted.
So like I said earlier, how much can I send ya. :)
Greg

theharveys

I spent several years in both British Columbia and northern Idaho. I used to enjoy the snow. However, the longer I live in Texas (23 years now), the less I like the snow. So, no snow orders from me. You can keep up north!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Texas Snow

I'm currently in eastern OK near McAlester and it's been snowing here all day, too! Snow's for skiing and there ain't no mountains around here! I lived in DFW for about 12 years and took the skyline photo of Dallas in March of 1987 - woke up the next morning and there was snow on the ground! No wonder weathermen and women have such a wierd job!

Attachments

• Dallas 1987.JPG
    Dallas 1987.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 16

RubiconAg

Neighbors,
Being a native Texan living in Northern Cali, I absolutely miss the thunderstorms! That picture captures everything!

And yes, I still have 6'+ of snow in my front yard! However, the 60* temps in the last week have done wonders, we have lost about a foot in the last week.

Netem

This is the most snow we've seen in Mo. in years. Like Sealman said must be the global warming.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
This is the most snow we've seen in Mo. in years. Like Sealman said must be the global warming.

We only got about 5" on the last storm and was wondering if you were in that 10" area. The DW works in St.Louis and they had a lot more where she works 10-12". It's sure been a wierd winter so far....Ken

Netem

We only got 6 in out of the last one but all together this has been a bad one for our area. I put the blade on the tractor last year and never got it out of the pole barn.