Good Sam Travel Assist

iawoody2

Not sure where to post this but put it here. Getting to the ages where we never know what could happen health wise I have been reading about the titled program. It certainly sounds good but was wondering what others think. Does anyone have any experience using it?
Thanks

danemayer

This is our 3rd year with the Travel Assist program. They've reimbursed $200 for ambulance rides twice.

teasac69

Are there different levels? I am a new GS member and I keep getting these offers in the mail and trashing them. However, as we near our retirement and start to travel more, I know the chances of incidents away from home are more real. I've always had roadside assistance with Nitrofill for my cars/trucks but now with the RV I'm not sure what is best?

danemayer

Are there different levels? I am a new GS member and I keep getting these offers in the mail and trashing them. However, as we near our retirement and start to travel more, I know the chances of incidents away from home are more real. I've always had roadside assistance with Nitrofill for my cars/trucks but now with the RV I'm not sure what is best?
Hi Tim and Becky,

Good Sam offers several different products.

1. Good Sam Club membership for discounts at Good Sam RV Parks and Camping World.
  2. Good Sam Roadside Assistance to help you get going or tow your vehicles when there's a breakdown. I think there are several benefit levels.
  3. Good Sam Travel Assistance to tow your RV home if the driver is sick or injured and unable. Will also pay for some other stuff including up to $200 for ambulance rides, and in some cases flights. I think there are also several benefit levels at different prices.
  4. Good Sam Insurance on the RV to provide Collision and Comprehensive coverage.

We have the club membership, roadside assistance, and travel assistance.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have the Good Sam's Roadside Assistance (GSRA) . . . best $89 per year fee I've ever spent!

We used it once when we tried to go further than our gas tank would allow . . . out in middle of Nowheresville, Nebraska!

Here is a shot of us waiting for a gas delivery:

OutOfGasInNebraska-IMG1198.jpg

Glad my new truck has a much larger gas tank!

Almost got a chance to use it (GSRA) again a couple of months back when we had a wheel bearing on our trailer blow out while driving through Phoenix, but we were less than a mile from Sun City RV and limped our way there for the repair.

buddyboy

We've have the club membership and roadside assistance. Had to use for blowouts (had the infamous "China Bombs"). First time was in the Nevada desert about 1.5 hours outside of Reno. We decided that not only would we never let our membership expire, but that it was the best add-on we purchased for the RV. Voices of experience here.

cvanhorn

We, too, have Roadside assistance with Good Sam. We locked ourselves out of our truck once, (while towing our Big Country). If you've ever had to pay to get unlocked, you'd appreciate the value of the Roadside assistance! $67.00 for one "unlock"! We broke down once, on our first journey after obtaining Roadside assistance. We were towed, truck and camper, 40 miles. No problems and no bills or hassle at all. We won't ever be without Roadside assistance.