ladder location for 21FBS

jeff

I recently purchased a 2009 North Trail 21FBS and it did not have a ladder on the back. I am assuming that the factory does not offer a ladder for this model and would like to mount a universal type on the back. Could you please give me information on the structural members on the back and roof of this model that would provide the proper support for a ladder.

Thanks, Jeff

M

Mcreech

you are correct, the factory does not offer a ladder but we did put the backer in the back wall if someone wanted to install one after the sale. On the right hand side of the back wall (if you are looking at the back wall) will have vertical backers that run the length of the entire wall....Camping world should have a ladder that fits it.

M

Mcreech

All but the 2 units with big picture windows in the back. (31RED & 28RLS)

jeff

Thanks for the info. I installed a ladder today and found good firm mounting all the way up the right side of the back wall.

jerr7

Remember a pic is worth a thousand words LOL I would like to know what size screws or bolts used as well as weight the ladder would hold:) thanks
jerry

Just to be sure, is the backing still in place for the 2009 model year North Trails? How wide is the backing? and does it start from the edge of the right hand side?

Thanks!
Chris

M

Mcreech

The backing is still there except for the Rear window models and they are on the right hand side, except for the models that have the bath room on the right corner, we moved the backer to the left in those cases because the shower sky light was getting in the way

Thanks! Sorry to be a pain, but I have a 2009 32QBSS this has two windows in the back, but not a "large" window, so the backing is on the right side correct? And could you tell me how wide the backing is starting from the right hand side?

M

Mcreech

Yes the backer is on the right side, starting in the right corner and then 11" to the left............We have 2x4's standing vertical for you

jhyatt

Ladder Mounting

I've just purchased a 2010 21' FBS North Trail and would like to install a ladder on the rear wall. Is there anyone out there that has installed a ladder on this year model yet? Heartland has provided the rear wall drawing to me, but as of today, haven't been able to find a ladder. Camping world refuses to install one for me and local dealers say they don't have a ladder to fit this camper. Can anyone help. Thanks Jim

wpd3004

Re: Ladder Mounting

I've just purchased a 2010 21' FBS North Trail and would like to install a ladder on the rear wall. Is there anyone out there that has installed a ladder on this year model yet? Heartland has provided the rear wall drawing to me, but as of today, haven't been able to find a ladder. Camping world refuses to install one for me and local dealers say they don't have a ladder to fit this camper. Can anyone help. Thanks Jim

I would like to add one to my 2012 NT 21FBS. Did you ever get an answer to this question?