Tapatalk needs Activated

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I keep having the message to activate my account by confirming my email address. I tap on it constantly without success. In addition, I can't attach any photos which I believe is probably associated to this issue. Any ideas from those that use the app on their iPhone and iPad???

Lyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've never quite figured out why Tapatalk is so popular.

I've found it dificult to follow a topic and manuver around the forums, so I just use Chrome (I'm on my iPad Air right now using Chrome) so it is the same as when I'm on my desktop or laptop.

As for posting photos, I've not been able to post photos using the forum's photo tool ever with my iPad or my Droid Maxx android smart phone with either Tapatalk or Chrome.

danemayer

I keep having the message to activate my account by confirming my email address. I tap on it constantly without success. In addition, I can't attach any photos which I believe is probably associated to this issue. Any ideas from those that use the app on their iPhone and iPad???

Lyle

A lot of people here use Tapatalk, but there's probably more about your email problem on the Tapatalk Support website.

travelin2

I've never quite figured out why Tapatalk is so popular.

I've found it dificult to follow a topic and manuver around the forums, so I just use Chrome (I'm on my iPad Air right now using Chrome) so it is the same as when I'm on my desktop or laptop.

As for posting photos, I've not been able to post photos using the forum's photo tool ever with my iPad or my Droid Maxx android smart phone with either Tapatalk or Chrome.

I like Tapatalk because it keeps me logged in. The forum webpage requires you be logged in to reply to messages, etc. I didn't have the issue in this post until the last update by Tapatalk. I think this current version sucks!!!

JohnD

I like Tapatalk because it keeps me logged in. The forum webpage requires you be logged in to reply to messages, etc. I didn't have the issue in this post until the last update by Tapatalk. I think this current version sucks!!!

Using Chrome or Explorer you can stay logged in . . .

You just have to click on 'Remember Me' on the log in page.

Works on all of my devices.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

I am not having that issue. But it has taken me longer to get the feel for the new update of tapatalk though.

As far as why, I have stated before, it is so clunky to use forum in a web browser such as safari. I can get around faster and not have as much "stuff" in other frames trying to load. All around a cleaner experience. I am also an admin of another forum and the admin rights are easier to use within tapatalk. Just my personal experience though.

jassson007

Using Chrome or Explorer you can stay logged in . . .

You just have to click on 'Remember Me' on the log in page.

Works on all of my devices.

Not sure you can use chrome or explorer on an iOS device.

JohnD

Not sure you can use chrome or explorer on an iOS device.

I use Chrome on my iPad Air . . .

Matter of fact, my first post above I was using Chrome on my iPad when I posted.

travelin2

Yep. I use my iPhone 90% of the time so I do like the Tapatalk App (just not the current version) on my mobile device. Using the full web version of the forum on a 5" screen is really challenging to say the least.

jassson007

Yep. I use my iPhone 90% of the time so I do like the Tapatalk App (just not the current version) on my mobile device. Using the full web version of the forum on a 5" screen is really challenging to say the least.

Exactly!

jassson007

I use Chrome on my iPad Air . . .

Matter of fact, my first post above I was using Chrome on my iPad when I posted.

Ok. I stand corrected. Just not a huge fan of Google.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I agree with your opinion of the newest version. I use it on my phone and iPad when I don't have my laptop handy, and it's a real PITA to maneuver around.

ILH

Where do you find any help or instructions for Tapatalk? I went to their web site, but couldn't find anything useful. The phone app doesn't seem to have any links.

travelin2

Good luck. I did the same when this latest version keeps telling to Activate my Account. All I can find on their website for App users under the Support Tab is a Community Forum with comments and questions, not all have answers that are helpful.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I liked the old Tapatalk better, but I am still using the new one.

The permissions you have to give Google to do anything are way over the top. (Access to my contacts, photos and personal storage just to use their browser.... really??)

I use Mozilla Foxfire on my laptop. It's great. Minimally invasive and fast. Trace

travelin2

Ha! With this latest App update the "Confirm your email to activate Tapatalk " actually worked! Go figure.