Newbie with a 2009 21FBS - Anyone else?

Just bought 2009 21 fbs, and wondering if there are any owners out there that would like to share their experiences with the same unit.None

Longshot1

Got out 21FBS last month . Haven't had a chance to take it out yet. Too cold here in Colorado. Been getting it ready though. Had the heater on and it warmed it up real quick. Did you get any info on how to move the slide if there is no electric power avable? Did you get the adapter that others have talked about? Marty

jeff

We just picked ours up this week, but have not had a chance to use it yet. Actually, we still have not moved all the stuff from our old trailer to the new one. Have a trip planned for Easter weekend. The 21FBS pulled effortlessly when bringing it home. I'm looking forward to pulling it a longer distance.

I did find a place to store the table when it is not in place. I cut 2 holes about 8" in diameter in the lid to the storage area under the bed. This allows the table to drop down flush with the plywood lid and the mattress holds it in place.

Good luck with the new trailer and keep in touch.

Jeff

bandb

We also have just brought our new 21 fbs home last week. We had read the idea about how to store the table by cutting holes in the bed platform and plan to do the same with ours. We told the dealer about that idea and he said he would be passing that tip on to his customers. Thanks! BandB

jonille

We are going to pick up our new 21FBS in April and since it is a 1600 mile (1 way ) I am trying to find out how large the microwave/convection oven is so I can bring some pans along. Can someone measure for me. Is it a Magic Chef? And won't the battery open the slide?

Longshot1

Hi Jonille. Have the installation guide right here. the oven is an Apollo and the cut out for the oven is 23 3/4 wide 16 5/8 high and 19 1/4 deep. They don't giv the inside demention on this paperwork. Hope this helps. And yess the battery does move the extention ..I was asking about moving the slide if no eleec and the battery was dead. The tool to move it is suspose to be in the welcome folder you get when you get thwe trailer. Mine wasn't .. Make sure the show you how to do it. They nailed and put screwa in the facia and its kind of hard to take off, the frist time. Marty in Denver

jerr7

Tool

:DHi marty im in my final tally on the 21fbs have you let Mccreech in Heartland know about missing that package?? I hope when i order mine i dont have to thru what you did,I have to get mine from Indiana . i would like to shake down there for 3 days before heading back here (800miles) some one at factory isnt doing final inspection lol
good luck on yours im envious lol
jerry:)

Longshot1

Finally got everything taken care talked to warrenty department and they are sending on in the mail. Have a safe trip. Marty

freex4

Jerry,
There is a Heartland dealer in upstate NY, Coxsackie NY, about 3 hours from Long Island, a little closer, not much lol, than Indiana.
We will be picking up our 28BHS from that dealer in April.
I am going to contact Heartland and see if they would try to get one of the Long island RV dealers to take on the Heartland models.
As more and more Heartlands are bought, i'm assuming the Long Island dealers will get on board. Then we'll have warranty service a little closer.
I will be doing something similar to you. We will be camping out in Saugerties, NY about 1/2 hour away from the dealer for 3 days when we pick it up, just in case something goes wrong, plus it will be our first trip of the year.
Paul

truknutt

Committed Member
freex4,

Is your dealer BOAT-N-RV? We bought our Cyclone from them while they were at the Hershey, PA show last September. We had it delivered to their Hamburg, PA store for pickup. The Hamburg store is decent to work with; hope you have as good an experience up there as we are having down here.

Welcome to the family! ;)

Dave

freex4

Yes Boat n Rv in Coxsackie, NY. We were going to have them transfer to the Hamburg location and go to Hershey Park, but Hershey Park isn't open yet.
So far it is good, they seem like a professional company.

Did you have any accessories or modifications done by the dealer? I'm thinking of having them put on an electric tongue jack and vent covers, just wondering if they'll do those for a decent fee.

Paul

Jeannine

I see that that the newest of these posts was March 2008. Now that you have a chance to use your 21FBS, how do you like it? I am thinking of purchasing one (I currently have a hybrid - Kodiak 195) and not sure if this is the way I want to go. Any comments on the 21FBS? I see that the bathroom door is very close to the fridge .. has anyone found this to be a problem? What about the seating area becoming a bed .. is it big enough for 2 adults? Any comments would be valuable in making my decision. I am currently pulling 20' 4", and don't want to be much longer, so as far as length is concerned the 21fbs fits the bill. Any comments/concerns with the 21fbs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeannine & Roy (older campers)

jbsiii

Hi Jeannie,
We just picked up our 21FBS back in April, and are heading out this week for 10 days on the road. We've had it out once up to Mt Rushmore in between.

For the two of us, the 21FBS is perfect. The dinette makes into a very long bed that will work for our 6' 4" tall son when and if he ever decides to come along, but I don't think I'd put two adults of any size on the dinette.

After 20 years of a popup trailer with 2 kids and a dog, the North Trail is like a palace to us. We enjoy the (almost) full length queen sized bed, we got the pillow-top option which is great. The bathroom running the entire width of the trailer makes it actually usable for dressing after showering, etc.

One thing I was unpleasantly surprised by was the length. It's called a "21" FBS, but the specs show it as being 24' long. We were expecting to be able to back it into our storage area next to our house with about a foot to spare before having to squeeze it between our chimney and the fence. When we parked it for the first time, we found out it is actually 26+ feet in length. So we're having to look at moving our access fence forward to make more room. The extra length doesn't cause any towability problems, the wide axles help a lot, and I spent the bucks for an Equalizer hitch with weight distribution and sway control. No problems whatsoever towing it with my Tahoe.

All in all, a wonderful trailer, and my wife and I couldn't be happier with it.

John

Jeannine

Thank you.

Like you, I was counting on 24 feet 4 inches. This was one of the selling features. Well, I guess, I will get out and start measuring to see if we can do 26+ feet.

Thanks again for your input.
Jeannine

chrispitude

Hmm, I was counting on the 24' 4" brochure length being correct too. What's the actual dry weight on your stickers? If it's still 4350 or so, I think I can make it work.

- Chris

Hi Chris,

Ours is a 2009 21FBS. I just went out and measured the length; 26 feet, good thing I had the room for storage, I thought it was 24'4". My sticker shows our unit at 4450 pounds.

We picked ours up two weeks ago and took our first trip this weekend, it was great! We are pulling with a 2004 Tahoe Z71 and it pulled like a dream. This is our first TT, we traded our tent in :) I have been pulling a utility trailer for years and setting the TT up with the eaz e lift bars and sway control, it pulls better than my utility trailer.

And a thanks to everyone who has been posting to the Heartland Owners Forum. It made it real easy to do research and get opinions as we were researching what we wanted to buy.

-SP