Today could be the last day as a Heartland RV owner

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Well, time has come to shop for a new RV. The toy has gotten bigger and the Toy Haulers have become very limited to fit the needs. We looked at Heartland of course has I would definitely be a repeat buyer. However, we need a 14ft garage or bigger and none of their floor plans meet our needs. The only trailer that we do like or has a floor plan that we do like is a Forest River Vengeance Touring Edition, something like a 39C14.

But then the wife threw a wrench in the plan. Why not look at a regular 5th Wheels. Which is not a bad idea as when I do need to bring the toy with me I have plenty of friends that can haul the toy for me, as I usually have about 2 or 3 couples staying with us at the parks. So it looks like we are going to go the regular 5th route. As we do use the RV for family trips as well and the added living space would be very nice.

So today we are looking at a Forest River Cedar Creek Front Living Room floor Plan (2014 38FL). Pretty excited, my current Cyclone just got all cleaned up yesterday, wash/wax and now it is ready to be traded in.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
If you are going to look at regular 5th wheels and the garage is not the issue then look at the Heartland products too. I assume you are happy with your dealer and lack of support for the other brands is another issue we had for Redwood has no dealer in New Mexico. I was on the verge of buying a Redwood and then we saw the Landmark Ashland and it fit our needs perfect. Also Forest River is a good product and when it is all said and done if you and your wife are happy then you have done your job.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have not looked at the cedar creek but bighorn has a front living model or two. Have you looked at them yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a previous toy hauler owner that converted to Heartland Landmark...we couldn't be happier....LOVE LOVE LOVE it, the Heartland family and the Heartland Service

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
So we decided on the Forest River Cedar Creek 38FL. Fun Town Houston gave us a great deal on the trade in and the OTD price on the Cedar Creek was to hard to pass up. I love the gel coat that Cedar Creek uses on their trailers, I have not seen a trailer in this price range with that fit and finish to it. As far as the interior goes, no different then the Landmark or Dynamax in my opinion.

Trailer comes with the Goodyear G614 tires but we opted to keep the 17.5's that I have on the trade in by swapping them out. We added the Lippert Trailair pin box and i hope that is worth the cost.

But we should be picking up the trailer on Wed or Thur. We will take the trailer out for a quick 3 day trip to break it in next week.

JanAndBill

May your travels be safe, your campfires only bring interesting people, and the "forest" be with you!