New Trail Runner....Maybe

P

pacertrailrunner

Thanks all.. we are now looking at a 2011 Trailrunner 28RKS in Jersey. It has a fireplace!
And the fridge opens with the slide closed...Convenient. Might be the one, who knows.
Anyhow, our TV is a 2005 Silverado 2500HD. I would go for a 5v, but my wife wants the truck bed for the dog. We have a big lab and he needs the room in the back.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: New member with a question...

Thanks all.. we are now looking at a 2011 Trailrunner 28RKS in Jersey. It has a fireplace!
And the fridge opens with the slide closed...Convenient. Might be the one, who knows.
Anyhow, our TV is a 2005 Silverado 2500HD. I would go for a 5v, but my wife wants the truck bed for the dog. We have a big lab and he needs the room in the back.

That is one other thing that we like about our Trail Runner . . . it can be used even if the slide is not out!

Kind of a tight squeeze to get into the bathroom . . . but not bad.

You shouldn't have any problems towing with your truck . . .

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD and I can't even tell the trailer is back there!

Get a weight distributing setup for your hitch, though . . . I won't leave home without it hooked up, even though the hitch store told me I shouldn't need it with my new truck.

I already had the setup from our old trailer, but just like the safety factor of it!

I'll be pulling our Trail Runner out of the side yard tomorrow morning as we are leaving Saturday for Arizona for 10 days of camping bliss on the south rim of the Grand Canyon for two nights and then attending the Arizona Heartland Owners Club Rally west of Pheonix!

RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg TruckCamperHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_132314121.jpg NewHitchCloseup-IMG_20140918_163520140.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg

Don't forget . . . we love pictures around here, so we want to see your trailer when you get it! :cool:

By the by . . . this topic post is in the North Country forum . . . we now have a new Trail Runner forum here that you may want to visit where we all have Trail Runners!

//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/722-Trail-Runner-Community

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pacertrailrunner, I moved your post to its own thread in the Trail Runner Forum.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If your 2500HD has the duramax/allison combo, you wont even know the trailer is behind you.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: New member with a question...

You shouldn't have any problems towing with your truck . . .

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD and I can't even tell the trailer is back there!

Get a weight distributing setup for your hitch, though . . . I won't leave home without it hooked up, even though the hitch store told me I shouldn't need it with my new truck.

I already had the setup from our old trailer, but just like the safety factor of it!

I 2nd the weight distributing hitch. I have a 2012 2500 HD and a North Trail 31 BDSS. I have towed it with and without the WDH and it makes all the difference in the world.
I use an equal-I-zer weight distributing hitch. So not only does it distribute weight to the front axle, it also has sway control built-in. It is easy to adjust once installed if needed too.

P

pacertrailrunner

Thanks all.
We have a gas 2500. Almost got a 8.0 Silverado. Almost, but opted for the heated leather seats. And they were used in the last cold spell.
Heading to NJ on Saturday. What are we gonna do with a fireplace?
Thinking of a Blue Ox WDH and Prodigy P3 brake controller.

Grand Canyon/AZ..nice. we went to school at the U of A

Hoping for a first trip to VA Beach around St. Patty's day for a 1/2 marathon and the Ashville in May.
Pic will follow if......

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I was on the fence about a fireplace also. But the wife, who always seems to be cold, was set on getting one. After our first few trips in the fall of last year, it is definitely worth it. Works perfect to take the chill off of the camper. Can't wait to see some pics.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Don't tell my wife that she was right. I'll never hear the end of it.

My wife is (almost) always right . . . :rolleyes:

Any time she tells me I'm right I write it down on the kitchen calender as this is generally only once or maybe twice a decade . . . :p

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I thought the fireplace was silly "fake opulence". I was happy our trailer didn't have one. But once I learned how much it helps with heating the space, we opted to ADD a fireplace!! It's great to cut the morning chill when furnace heating would be overkill. Saves on propane!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

pacertrailrunner

I never ever thought of it that way. i like heat! We camp ump till November and take all the heat we can get. I bet Hunter (lab dog) will love laying by it!

oldmannj

I never ever thought of it that way. i like heat! We camp ump till November and take all the heat we can get. I bet Hunter (lab dog) will love laying by it!

Our older rescue Jilly Bean loved to lay in front of the fireplace with her blankie on. Good luck tomorrow.

pegmikef

Visit anyone with a fireplace in cold weather when they are using their fireplace and you will become an instant believer of the benefits of having one (fireplace).

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Visit anyone with a fireplace in cold weather when they are using their fireplace and you will become an instant believer of the benefits of having one (fireplace).

An added benefit of the fireplace is that they are much quieter than running the furnace.

P

pacertrailrunner

Sorry all. we did not get it. Need that big picture window. But we will definitely get a fireplace on whichever unit we find. thanks all!

P

pacertrailrunner

Well, we found this model:
[h=1]Used 2013 Heartland North Trail 30RKDD King any thoughts.[/h]has a bumper grill and bike rack and below blue book price.
http://www.tomschaeffers.com/inventory/338040/Used-2013-Heartland-North-Trail-30RKDD-King.aspx
my wife likes it and I am just about ready to pull the trigger. Of course the dealer will not budge on the price on throw in any extras. But 15% of a blue ox hitch and store purchases. I think I can remove the cabinet doors and install a fireplace. Just to be fair. a 2015 Coachman Catalina 293 rear kitchen is on the table as well. Comes with a rear kitchen window and installed fireplace. Only catch is it is from RV wholesalers direct. Price is right.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and comment!