Satelite jacks

hankie419

I have a 2008 Big Country. In the docking station I have one coaxial connection for cable, but two connections for satelite. I find one satelite connector inside the rig. Does any one know where the other satelite connector connects to, or what it's there for?

:confused:

ChopperBill

If it is similar to mine the extra satellite connector goes to a cable coiled up in the roof so you can put a dish up there. You have to "jump" the two connectors together to bring a signal to your TV

vangoes

Thats the way mine is also. The forward jack is the one in the ceiling and the aft one goes to the entertainment center in the living room. There is none to the bedroom.

ChopperBill

The TV connection in the bedroom on mine has one marked Antenna and one marked Satellite. No cable was there for the satellite connection. Dealer ran a cable from there to the docking center to one of those connectors. The one for the roof is just laying there now. Now I have one for a dual LNB to run to both the br and lr. Trouble is the bedroom TV wont work on satellite! I tried everything even going direct from the dish through the window to the receiver. No luck.

hankie419

Thanks Guys,
That makes perfect sense. It would make even more sense if it went to the bedroom. I can confirm that the rear connector goes to the entertainment center.

One reason that Directv won't work on a particular tv is if you are trying to send the signal from the receiver to the tv on either the tv's channel 3 or 4 and your tv has a digital tuner. The signal my Huges receiver puts out is analog.