Installing an Internal Surge Protector---HELP!!

Kandy

I have a 2011 Landmark Augusta that I would like to install a Surge Guard made by TRC Model 34560 Hardwire Unit Does anyone know where this Internal Surge Protector is installed. Any guidance would be appreciated. Some techs don't even know where these protectors are installed.
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can install it anywhere you want.
It is suggested that you do not put it under any water lines to avoid any damage caused by a leak.

Peace
Dave

Garypowell

I initially put mine in a place that was not the best location....seemed OK at the time. And I need to state I really don't know your coach or floor plan. Mine is a Bighorn 3010.

I initially located mine in the rear of the coach where the power plug was. Dropped the Coroplast and drilled two holes that came up in a side cabinet to my TV. Put the unit in there and bought enough cable to have the connections made under the floor but above the coroplast. I did not have a good place to see the monitor and in fact could not see it until the rooms where out....not the best of ideas.

It worked....but then I saw a post about pulling the breaker panel out. Once I got to looking the other side of this panel could be seen from my basement once the wall was down. I also learned from that post that there was enough line to pull the panel out. I had originally figured that wanting to save money HL would use just as little wire as possible.....but I was wrong. There was more than ample wire to pull the unit out and then shove the connecting wires in from the basement side.

So I fixed the entry point I had made in the rear of the coach and pulled out the breaker panel and installed behind the basement wall.... The monitoring display is now up in the switch cabinet which can open with the rooms are in.

The procedure is to get level left to right, plug in the power cable and see if power is OK before we do anything else. Have not found any bad power yet....but if we do we'll be ready to move to another site if we have to.

If you are comfortable with working with electricity you'll be fine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The Augusta is almost identical to my BH3670. I mounted both the suppressor and the converter to the frame of the bedroom stairs. The monitor for the suppressor is mounted in the switch cabinet in the kitchen. By making removeable access panels in the basement walls, I can access the units easily. I'd post photos (again) but don't have them on my iPad that I'm using at the moment.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I mounted ours right behind the Circuit Breaker panel. In our Cyclone that was in the "island" in the kitchen. There was just enough wire to hook up to the Surge Guard and only about 2' purchased to connect back to the breaker box