DEAD Halftime Microwave Oven/Need Repair advice

Okay, so what do you do when the halftime oven fades to black and refuses to go back on? Pushed the start button and all went dead. Checked the circuit breaker, also had the outlet checked and it is "hot" .. We live in Sarasota Fl and can't seem to find a repair place closer than West Palm Beach ..they couldn't suggest anyone on this side of Florida. Our unit is one year and one month plus a few days old. Just out of warranty. We don't know what to do.
We have a Bighorn 3670RL (2008) HELP!!!

theharveys

I do not know about your halftime oven...but we had our home builtin microwave oven quit working one time and it turned out to be an internal fuse in the microwave itself. I had to remove the touch panel from the microwave to get to the internal fuse. Once I replaced the fuse , all was good.

jimtoo

I would suggest you call your dealer and explain in a nice way what has happened and ask for their help. You never know what might happen. But at least they should be able to point you in the right direction.

jbeletti

TKK,

I want to echo what Jimtoo has said. Please contact your dealer and make an appointment to have them diagnose the oven. Have them advise Heartland Dealer Services on what they find and let's see what can be done from there.

jpmorgan37

I don't know what brand of oven you have, but are you sure about the warranty? Our Dometic has a three year warranty from the manufacturer, not Heartland.

John

Our warranty is one year and 5 for the magnatronv (sic) I don't have the book in front of me right now... We're hoping it's just a fuse...waiting to hear from the repair guy. We'll let you know... FYO...the dealer is over an hour away so given the fuel price of $4.00 gal today... cheaper to take it to a local service center and hope for the best. If it's a lemon we'll call the dealer and hope we can work something out with Heartland... if not ...great hole in the wall for dishes LOL

Once again, Heartland is standing behind it's product. Had a lovely e mail from the company today asking for our shipping address. They are sending us a new oven to replace ours, and asked us to use the box it comes in to ship back the old one... TELL me one other company that would do that. BRAVO Heartland. Nice little foot note to the story, the repair guy that we chatted with about our problem and who was very helpful to us (even tho he couldn't repair our micro) was so impressed with Heartland's actions that they are seriously going to look at Heartland. They are in the market for an RV. So one good turn........ Thanks Heartland

3670 RL Bighorn 2008
2006 GMC 2500 4X4 Diesel
1/2 timers...6 mos in Nova Scotia 6 mos in Fla.
Retired with two Bengal Kittens 9 mos old

Last edited:

HappyKayakers

Glad you're getting a new oven, but I really wish you'd done more troubleshooting on the old one first ;)
On ours, the convection and half time functions quit, micro still works fine. We called Apollo and they suggested we take it to any small appliance repair shop and provide Apollo's number for any questions. We're long out of warranty.

Once again, Heartland is standing behind it's product. Had a lovely e mail from the company today asking for our shipping address. They are sending us a new oven to replace ours, and asked us to use the box it comes in to ship back the old one... TELL me one other company that would do that. BRAVO Heartland. Nice little foot note to the story, the repair guy that we chatted with about our problem and who was very helpful to us (even tho he couldn't repair our micro) was so impressed with Heartland's actions that they are seriously going to look at Heartland. They are in the market for an RV. So one good turn........ Thanks Heartland