Perry Ga "The Rally" March 14th to 17th.

caokgafamily

Is anybody going to " The Rally" in Perry Ga. I wonder if Heartland is going to have a booth. The dates are 14th to 17th March.

fivernine

My wife and I are heading down from Cookeville, Tennessee. Haven't been to a Good Sam rally; just a bit nervous about the size of the thing.

navyAZ1

We won't be there for the "Rally" but will be there 2 weeks later for the Georgia Good Sam Samboree those nation wide ones seem a little to large for me photos looks like your camped in a parking lot.

lbuchan

I'll be an "Early Bird" heading down Wednesday (3-14) from Charlotte, NC and departing on Monday (3-17). Should be parked in Lot 1 (Dry Camping). Trying not to let the size of the rally bother me! Don't see Heartland listed on the Exhibitors List but you can checkout information about the rally at http://therally.com

vangoes

fivernine
Let us know how it goes........have been tempted for several years to attend but seems just too large.

caokgafamily

We had a good time at the rally, we didn't see any Heartland products. There was alot of great stuff for sale in the exhibit building. We spent alot of time walking through the newest pushers and 5th wheels. We have been actively rving and camping the last ten years. I'm amazed how rv's have changed in the last 10yrs. We have owned our BigHorn the last 1.5 years and it's a good refresher to go look at some of the new 5th wheels and realize what a awesome 5th wheel the Bighorn is.
I was checking out a 100K Mobile Suite and yes it was fantastic, but compared to a 09 BigHorn or Landmark I think somebody would be crazy to spend that kind of money! Some of the features that Heartland introduced in there products years back is now the industry standard. Where is Heartland going in the future as far as new ideas? Some of my ideas are: Full body paint, change the whole outside color scheme to have a 5th wheel resemble more of a pusher, inovative floor plans, outside storage area flip down LCD tv. These are just some ideas, since we bought our 07 3400 they improved the flooring structure with the laminated structure, power awnings, better docking station ETC. I can't wait to see what Heartland comes out with in the future. I've got 15 years till retirement, that means probably 2 more Heartland products for us.

creeper

This rally seemed to be more "HIGH" end, stuff. Fun either way. Nothing better then wandering through a Million dollars and dreaming.. :)

fivernine

Heartland at the Rally in Perry, Georgia

What a Rally! About 4000 rigs on 628 acres--talk about urban sprawl! A quarter of a billion dollars parked just south of a band of tornado warnings. But no problem--we sent them on to Atlanta. Like Camelot, the rain never fell till after sundown. A string of highly informative seminars, hundreds of exhibits, lots of entertainment, lots of clubs and organizations. This was our first rally of any kind. I was astounded at how efficient and organized the parking was. I imagined lines of vehicles waiting to pull in (like the Daytona 500), but no such! No lines at all. From the time I entered the grounds to the time I was parked was five minutes tops! Straight pull in with my Landmark, back up a few feet...done! Plenty of room on either side, plenty of room to park the truck. Dry camping was no problem. Did have one glitch remaining from when the generator was transferred from our previous fiver that didn't show until we needed the air for the first time, but it was great to walk down to the Onan trailer and ask for help. They sent out a great technician who had the whole thing corrected in thirty minutes.

Met another Landmark couple--Jim Gratz and wife (forgive me, memory fade) and his neighbor with a Bighorn. Wish I could have met up with the rest of you, but you know how big it was. I've attached a sunset panorama of the rigs shot from the roof of mine in Lot 5, SE corner (wish I could post it about 2000 pixels wide--pans don't do well in small resolution). This was just before the rain Saturday night.

Can't wait to see you all in Branson for the REAL rally.

Attachments

• Rally_sunset_3-15-08_larsen.jpg
    Rally_sunset_3-15-08_larsen.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 43

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This was our 2nd Good Sam Rally. One in Redmond, Or and this one in Perry, Ga. Both Rallies were excellant. It was good to meet and talk to other Heartland owners. We are always surprised at how similar fiver floorplans are regardless of the manufacturer. It is all of the extras that make the difference. Funny how after looking at all of the others we are always remarking on how we like our Landmark better. We were able to get a awning added to the living room slide over the windows for a reasonable price. It was installed in less than 15 minutes right where we were setup by a Carefree factory rep. You could tell he knew his business. We also were able to renew friendships with vendors we met at the Redmond rally. We were able to catch up with and buddy-up with David and Susan Gondron our friends from Louisiana who own a Big Horn. We met them in Elkhart while getting repairs made last year. The entainment was great and we (the 1100 couples who participated) were able to set the Guiness workl record for the most couples dancing the same dance at the same time. So now we are world record holders. That was fun. There were almost 1000 vendors and if you needed something for your RV and couldn't find it there you were not looking hard enough. The final word was a GREAT time was held by all. Another great Good Sam event. We look forward to attending the Heartland Rally in Houston next month and the national Heartland Rally in Branson in June.
Jim & Sheila Gratz
07 Landmark Golden Gate
99 Ford F350 w/banks system and air bags
+ Frostie the Eskie and Penny the Yorkie