RV Amateur Radio

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
How many HAM's do we have on here that regularly operate from the RV?

I will be installing HF/VHF/UHF in my RV soon. I am looking to have two vertical antennas
that will attach on the roof somewhere that can be lowered and secured for travel. Anyone have
any pics of their installs?

Mark, K5EXX

Ladiver

How many HAM's do we have on here that regularly operate from the RV?

I will be installing HF/VHF/UHF in my RV soon. I am looking to have two vertical antennas
that will attach on the roof somewhere that can be lowered and secured for travel. Anyone have
any pics of their installs?

Mark, K5EXX

I just run the mobile out of my truck or my handheld. I could use my mobile as a repeater too, if I needed more power than my handheld can offer.

Jeff
KJ6MEB

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
Cool. I plan on installing in the RV, hopefully I will get to do some contesting, digital modes, etc.

beck-mark

KI4SYJ here, I usually only travel with a 2 meter handi talkie. In process of replacing my HF antennae at home, my RV AC unit caught my coax when pulling in yard closer to house than normal and brought my fan dipole to the ground awhile back. Have been thinking about building a small fan dipole to carry camping and maybe have 20 meter band and haven't decided on other bands yet. 20 is small enough to fit in a campsite pretty well.

camr

I use a Comet CHA250B vertical attached to the ladder by an extension pole. I find that the antenna, coupled with an LDG tuner works well. I also have a Buddipole that I use when I have enough space around the site. Any antenna will be a compromise, but I find the Comet very satisfactory. I picked it up at Dayton last year. I also use a fibreglass vhf/uhf antenna for 2m/70cm.