2015 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB)

JJnVA

The North American 2015 Heartland Rally in Goshen is less than 5 months away! Wow, If you have not already begun stitching and creating,
now is the time to get started on making those special baby items for a favorite "Heartland Gives Back" initiative: Heartland Baby Blessings.
This initiative will wrap up with all donations being presented at the Rally in June.

For those of you not familiar with this project, HOC members put their love and talents into sewing, knitting, crocheting or buying baby items
to give to families in need in the community where we are rallying.
SO, let the handcrafting begin on baby items for families in Indiana's Elkhart County. At the 2013 Goshen Rally, 504 baby items were donated....
can we reach 1,000 items in 2015???

Guidelines to help you get started:
Baby items needed: blankets, caps, booties, sleep sacks, bibs, burp pads, buntings or cocoons with hats
-baby items can be crocheted, knitted, quilted, sewn, fleece tied, or store bought
-choose a soft, washable fabric or soft acrylic yarn. Colors should be age appropriate, colorful, bright, and cheerful.
-some approximate blanket sizes for guidelines only:
Newborn baby - 36"x36"
Toddler - 36" x 40-45"
-If possible, finished items should be stored in a ziplock bag or other closed container in a pet-free, smoke-free environment. Items should be in individual sealed bags when donated at the Rally in June.
-If you are interested in donating store bought items, items needed include diapers, wet wipes, safety items such as child-proof cabinet locks & outlet plug protectors, onesies, bath towels with hoods.

We are all looking forward to seeing the beautiful baby items our HOC members create and the generosity of our HOC members in helping young families in need!
I will be coordinating "Heartland Baby Blessings" for this year's rally, so feel free to post comments on this thread or PM me with any questions.

Judi Barnett

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: 2015 heartland baby blessings

Hi Judi!

Glad to see you're taking over 'Heartland Baby Blessings'! I will be in touch about your needs and so that I can add you to the Leisure Time Activities schedule.

Chrisvh

Hey Judi--well, I've done my baby fabric inventory and I'm "off to the sewing races". With a little luck and perseverance, I'll have 6-8 done for the HBB project and maybe a couple knitted blankets. I look forward to seeing all the many things everyone contributes and hope we have a great turnout!
Chris Brotemarkle

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Darlene will again have several items she's crocheted, along with some my sister is making.

JJnVA

I knew that many of you were already busy making baby items for the babies in Elkhart County, IN! :angel: Glad to hear from you, Chris, John and Darlene. Let's hear from the rest of you...what are you making for the 2015 Heartland Baby Blessings initiative? We need at least 503 items to match the 2013 event in Goshen!

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
I will be bringing blankets for babies. Don't know how many for sure, but at least 6. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Jodi

pegmikef

We came across this yesterday so Peggy is off to Hancock's buying a bunch of fleece and flannel for baby blankets. So we will be bringing some.

VKTalley

HI Judi! I have several crochet/knit blankets that I found at local Goodwills and baby hats/booties that I have been crocheting along with a couple of sweaters. Been trying out some new patterns. :) Can't wait to see what everyone brings!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just wondering if the RSVP email been sent yet? Can't find anything on it no link has been added.

JJnVA

Just wondering if the RSVP email been sent yet? Can't find anything on it no link has been added.
HBB Luncheon invitation has not been sent out. Look for it by mid to late April. It will be emailed to all those registered for the Rally. Also will be posted on the Rally portal under Heartland Baby Blessings. Thanks for asking and look forward to seeing you at the Rally!

JJnVA

We plan on bringing a dozen handmade baby quilts from our church ladies.
Wow, a dozen baby quilts! Many thanks to the ladies of your church for their baby blessings!

i just saw your home town is Baraboo, WI. We have reservations at Red Oak Campground in Baraboo Memorial Day weekend (actually 3 Heartland fivers will be camping there together on our trip prior to the Goshen Rally). Are y'all in town that weekend? Any recommendations on must see and do in the Baraboo area? We have a couple of attractions on our list. will you PM me? Thx

JJnVA

HI Judi! I have several crochet/knit blankets that I found at local Goodwills and baby hats/booties that I have been crocheting along with a couple of sweaters. Been trying out some new patterns. :) Can't wait to see what everyone brings!
Hi Val! You always bring such wonderful treasures for the babies. Looking forward to seeing you in Goshen. :eek:

JJnVA

I copied the following message from an email to me from Darlene Borysewicz. Darlene and her husband, John, have other obligations preventing them from attending the HOC Rally in Goshen this year. So, Darlene contacted me about shipping the Baby Blessing items she had been working on for the 2015 HBB Heartland Gives Back initiative at the Rally. I wanted to share this as an example of one of many HOC members who have such generous hearts, especially for babies in need, and work year round hand-crafting baby items to donate. God bless all of you!

"I shipped 8 blanket, hat & bootie combinations & 23 separate knit hats. My sister-in-law helped make a few of the blankets & we both did the separate hats on a knitting loom, having a little "craft" get together, embellishing some of them with crocheted flowers, etc. & a lot of chit-chat! We had a ball!!"

RobandBettyFord

Retired North Carolina Chapter Leaders
Hello, We enjoyed the luncheon last time in Goshen, Enjoyed meeting members who care a lot about helping with a good cause. We will be bringing about ten baby quilts/blankets that we make in pastel colors. Sign us up for the luncheon.
Regards
Betty & Rob Ford

ljawest

I plan on participating this year. I have at least one blanket made with plans to do more. Please include me in the luncheon count.
Jo Anne West