Lp Generator-Liquid or Vapor

Redrider007

What type generator is installed at the factory for the LP generator? I'm a bit confused on the difference and what is recommended. I had the gen prep done already.

branson4020

Icantre Member
The Onan 5500 that the factory installs runs on propane vapor as it shares the same propane tanks as your furnace and stove top. I've never seen a fifth wheel with a liquid-draw propane tank installed.

Bohemian

The Onan 5500 that the factory installs runs on propane vapor as it shares the same propane tanks as your furnace and stove top. I've never seen a fifth wheel with a liquid-draw propane tank installed.

There would be no reason to have a liquid draw.

Jim.Allison

I did this job, message me and I will give you all the details step by step. I can save you a lot of time and energy and maybe some money. Perhaps we can get you fully installed for about $4,000 with a LP5500 Onan. 1/2 to 1 full day work with help from DW or neighborhood teen. One thing is for sure, you need a plan to get that thing into the garage, it is not an easy DIY task, the rest is easy. I got the plan. LOL

BTW, I use a separate cylinder, and regulator. And you do want LP. Unless you have some specific reason that you want gasoline. Such as having a Toy hauler with a tank in the unit.

What type generator is installed at the factory for the LP generator? I'm a bit confused on the difference and what is recommended. I had the gen prep done already.